Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16S in team mode ?

Reaction score
I see that Yuneec is advertising that Typhoon H plus can work in team mode so I presume two ST16S will make this work.
But I don't see that they are selling separate ST16S unit for this purpose.
As H520 ST16S using different software, there should be ST16S specially for Typhoon H Plus, right ?

Is this funcionality really available on typhoon H plus......anyone tried it ?

So far there have been a couple of members who are attempting to get it working but as of yet, it is not functional. Hopefully they can report with more detail

Reactions: DCH
Yes, I have used it and it requires 2 ST16s with both running the H+ SW. Works great. You designate 1 controller Master and the other as Slave. The Slave has full control of the camera through the sticks. The controller is not specific to the + (you can also use a 520 controller), as long as it has the SW.

Reactions: dxer and Ty Pilot
Yes, I have used it and it requires 2 ST16s with both running the H+ SW. Works great. You designate 1 controller Master and the other as Slave. The Slave has full control of the camera through the sticks. The controller is not specific to the + (you can also use a 520 controller), as long as it has the SW.
Ok, so it is possible and this funcionality is working.
Like I said, I don't see that they sell ST16S for H+ but only H520. The questions is how to replace H520 software with H+ software

First question: What do you mean by "SW"?
If you have done this, please share the steps involved. I try to follow the instructions in the manual and on screen, but they are vague and seem to assume that I am smarter than I am. I have tried this over and over and it is as if I am missing a step that is not in the instructions. I designate the master first, then the slave. Both Controllers see each other, but no connection ever takes place. I started another post on this issue, please look it over and share your thoughts on what I am doing wrong.

TH Plus Team Mode

Ok, so it is possible and this funcionality is working.
Like I said, I don't see that they sell ST16S for H+ but only H520. The questions is how to replace H520 software with H+ software
The ST16s for the H Plus is available but the cost is around $700. I bought a used one on eBay for half of that. Still expensive. As more users crash their H Plus into trees and lakes, the controllers will become more plentiful.

Reactions: Fred Garvin and DCH
As more users crash their H Plus into trees, the controllers will become more plentiful.
Well we shouldn't have to wait too much longer now that Spring is here and you are out flying again Steve!

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
Can you please elaborate on this? Myself, Steve Carr, and I think one other person have tried repeated to do this and can't, the two ST16S do not hook up. It's like they are waiting for a step that isn't in the instructions. Almost as if whoever wrote the instructions assumed we know something we don't. If you have done this then you also know something we don't. Please share.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Can you please elaborate on this? Myself, Steve Carr, and I think one other person have tried repeated to do this and can't, the two ST16S do not hook up. It's like they are waiting for a step that isn't in the instructions. Almost as if whoever wrote the instructions assumed we know something we don't. If you have done this then you also know something we don't. Please share.
Will set up my 2nd remote and try it again this afternoon. Need to try it with this latest version from this week.

Reactions: DCH and dxer
Interested in hearing as well as I plan to get a second ground station.

At what step are you getting an issue? Are you able to get into Slave mode, Select the Master ID and tell the Master to accept the connection?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diagram overseer