Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Steady grip

Reaction score
manual says to use only rechargeable NiMH batteries. Does it matter what mAh size , 2300, 2500, etc

I didn't see any mention of NiMH only in the current online manual. I am a little confused on the actual usage time from the batteries.

Here are a few quotes here regarding the batteries...

"CGO STEADYGRIP

Height: 223mm (8.78 in)
Depth (front to back): 182mm (7.17 in)
Width: 70mm (2.76 in)
Weight (without gimbal/batteries): 200g (7.05 oz)
Angle Control Range (Pitch): 30° to -85°
Required Batteries: 2850mAh Energizer® 8x 1.5V AA Batteries (Sold Separately)
Runtime: 48-64 minutes (depending on usage)"

STEP 2) Install 8x AA Batteries

The use of rechargeable batteries is strongly recommended. Alkaline batteries only support the device to work 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
I made a mistake it was not in manual but on artery lid on steady grip where it says "Rechargeable NiMH AA Batteries ONLY!" What page in Manual are those quotes on? I have a brand new Q500 4K thanks

I would recommend rechargeable AA batteries. In the long run they will save you money.

The recommended Energizer is here - http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Size-Alkaline-Battery-Product/dp/B00V5HJH6U

Vs.

http://www.amazon.com/ANSMANN-Sliml...rr&keywords=rechargeable+batteries+aa+2850mAh

So for $7 more you can get many, many charges on them. ;)
Thanks for all the help got it to work. Can you explain what the pitch follow button does and what exactly is pitch follow

Pitch Follow function allows the gimbal camera to track SteadyGrip in pitch direction.
1) The default status of SteadyGrip is normal status without Pitch Follow.
2) When SteadyGrip is in Pitch Follow status, the gimbal camera tracks SteadyGrip in pitch direction, and the gimbal pitch control roller wheel on SteadyGrip is disabled.

To Enter Pitch Follow:
Press Pitch Follow Button on the top of the SteadyGrip to enter Pitch Follow Function. The green LED Status Indicator on top will start blinking instead of being solid when in Pitch Follow mode.

To Exit Pitch Follow:
Press Pitch Follow Button to exit.

Using your current stock of non-rechargeable batteries doesn't mean it's going to damage the SteadyGrip, It's just that it will run longer with rechargeable batteries per charge and it's better for the environment, Correct? Make the switch once it's time to purchase new batteries.

Using your current stock of non-rechargeable batteries doesn't mean it's going to damage the SteadyGrip, It's just that it will run longer with rechargeable batteries per charge and it's better for the environment, Correct? Make the switch once it's time to purchase new batteries.
Absolutely correct. ;)

I have iPhone 6s Plus it works fine just takes a really long time to connect

I installed a wifi analyzer on both my Android tablet and the phone. I set it to scan for all 5Ghz networks and neither of them are finding the ECO3 network.
Try to contact @Yuneec_Usa here on the forum or call/email Yuneec directly.

Hellow.

I also have problems with steadygrip. On my phone (Mootorola Moto G 3gen.) I only see black screen, and no way to connect to the camera. I like the kopter, but I guess will return to the store.
Also, on my first fly test, the 1080 video, result in freezing and some kind off loop anomaly. The 4k video was fine.

Last edited:
I also have problems with my I phone.the app.seams to crash all the time

Hi, I have a Note Edge and found if I connect to WiFi first and then turn the CGO app on after it works.

Hi, I have a Note Edge and found if I connect to WiFi first and then turn the CGO app on after it works.
Well...this is a sollution for those device where the GCO show up in wi-fi list.
In my case, the GCO don't even show up.
And I try it all.

I made a mod on my one with the lipo battery. It works like a charm, and I squize much more time out of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval