Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

still can't set the Clock correct

Reaction score
still can't set the Clock correct, have somebody an idea how to fix it?
everytime i go in settings in Android, change the time...and if i go back to FlightApp...bye bye "right time"

:(:D:oops::rolleyes:

everytime i go in settings in Android, change the time...and if i go back to FlightApp...bye bye "right time"

I think the trick is to change the time in the basic Android settings and then close and reboot the Pad.

I have tried all of the so called fixes, it's always 1 hour behind on the telemetry screen.

And NO, the new firmware just released did not fix it. :confused::(

I have tried all of the so called fixes, it's always 1 hour behind on the telemetry screen.

And NO, the new firmware just released did not fix it. :confused::(

Try connecting the ST16 to the internet, then use automatic settings, mine updated it's self after a few mins connected.

It looks like the update fixed it, at least for me. In either way eastern time zone should be displayed as -5h (instead 4). It doesn't matter how many times I restart the st16...it stays on the time I manually set even with GPS lock

Update: I'll have to retract that statement...still not fixed even so it survived a couple of boot's. Yuneec....time for another update

Last edited:

On my Pro, here's how I finally set it, with advice, lol.

Hit Pad, click OK.
Hit the App icon, bottom of screen, then the Settings icon.
scroll down to Date and Time.
uncheck the automatic box at top.
now set the correct time.
That's it, works and stays correct on my Pro ST-16.

Reactions: Keimon Lawrence
On my Pro, here's how I finally set it, with advice, lol.

Hit Pad, click OK.
Hit the App icon, bottom of screen, then the Settings icon.
scroll down to Date and Time.
uncheck the automatic box at top.
now set the correct time.
That's it, works and stays correct on my Pro ST-16.

Didn't work for me. As soon as I rebooted and went back into Pad, the time went back 1 hour (not DST).

Why go back into Pad? Do not use the Settings on the flight screen to change the clock.

I set the clock as you suggested in the Android Setting section and unchecked automatic. I need to be able to go back and forth between flight screen and pad screen without loosing the correct time. I have the latest updates. There's got to be something else wrong.

I haven't gotten it work yet either. I set it on the "Pad" side. Uncheck and redo everything everyone has suggested. As soon as I go back to the "Flight" side, it jumps back one hour.

I set the clock as you suggested in the Android Setting section and unchecked automatic. I need to be able to go back and forth between flight screen and pad screen without loosing the correct time. I have the latest updates. There's got to be something else wrong.

OK, sorry. Must be a difference from the Pro to the regular H. On my Pad settings for date and time, I cannot change Date or Time until I uncheck the auto box, they are greyed out. As soon as I uncheck the auto box at the top, the Date and Time become changeable.
???

OK, sorry. Must be a difference from the Pro to the regular H. On my Pad settings for date and time, I cannot change Date or Time until I uncheck the auto box, they are greyed out. As soon as I uncheck the auto box at the top, the Date and Time become changeable.
???

Yes, that's how my settings behave also but just like Brent, the time jumps back an hour when I switch to flight mode. Does the "pro" version with RealSense have different updates? Where do the terms "pro", "advanced" and "standard" come from? I don't see them on the Yuneec website.

Darn...I've switched my ST-16 off and back on several times since correcting the time earlier today, and the corrected time is holding so far. I have no idea about the updates, only had it since July 18.

As far as I know, which is not much, there are only 2 H's that exist presently. The first one sold, which is still being sold, and the Pro, which has the RealSense and IPS. "Advanced" is the first?

My clock, even when it was off one hour, paled beside the worry that my 1900 clams might fall out of the sky on the next flight.

Not only is the clock off the time and date stamp on the CGO3+ files are way off. I gave up trying to figure out a fix or why. Just going to wait for a firmware update.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Darn...I've switched my ST-16 off and back on several times since correcting the time earlier today, and the corrected time is holding so far. I have no idea about the updates, only had it since July 18.

As far as I know, which is not much, there are only 2 H's that exist presently. The first one sold, which is still being sold, and the Pro, which has the RealSense and IPS. "Advanced" is the first?

My clock, even when it was off one hour, paled beside the worry that my 1900 clams might fall out of the sky on the next flight.

I hear you. The clock is not much of a worry, just an annoyance.
We'll be anxious to hear about your experiences with RealSense and IPS.

As far as I can see, the Flight App sets the time from the GPS signal and your timezone. If you set the time in Pad and it's different from GPS+timezone, it will always be reset when you next get GPS lock. The source of time on the ST-16 is GPS, not the time you set in Pad mode.

I'm not sure how summertime offsets are handled, but I presume they're also picked up.

So best advice is make sure your Android settings have the correct timezone and daylight savings/summer time hour offset set before you set the actual time. That should help the flight app set the right time relative to GPS time. I've not had the chance to experiment with different timezones, but that's the theory anyway.

It's also worth noting that if the time does get reset, your telemetry files will be a bit scrambled, with time jumping forward or backward at the point when GPS lock is acquired.

As far as I can see, the Flight App sets the time from the GPS signal and your timezone. If you set the time in Pad and it's different from GPS+timezone, it will always be reset when you next get GPS lock. The source of time on the ST-16 is GPS, not the time you set in Pad mode.

I'm not sure how summertime offsets are handled, but I presume they're also picked up.

So best advice is make sure your Android settings have the correct timezone and daylight savings/summer time hour offset set before you set the actual time. That should help the flight app set the right time relative to GPS time. I've not had the chance to experiment with different timezones, but that's the theory anyway.

It's also worth noting that if the time does get reset, your telemetry files will be a bit scrambled, with time jumping forward or backward at the point when GPS lock is acquired.

Well finally, something that makes sense. Thanks Tuna.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval