Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Still having trust issues with the H+/List of new errors shown.

Reaction score
So today I went out to basically the middle of no where to get some flying done along with the compass calibration. Prior to any calibrations, I did a test flight and right out off the start received an error and couldn't arm due to the following errors;

-PREFLIGHT FAIL: EKF INTERNAL CHECKS

Screenshot_2018-10-07-21-19-44.png

So I shutdown the H+ and turn it back on. Boots back up and system comes online like normal. Proceed to do an auto takeoff and right off the bat she's drifting up while I having full stick down to lower her. She's barely moving down while full stick to lower her but she comes down about an inch a second so I end up having to hand catch it and manually shutdown the motors via 3 taps of the red button.

Screenshot_2018-10-07-21-20-01.png

So after that fun, I shutdown everything and start over again. Everything boots up normally this time and she flies like a champ out 1500ft away at 400ft up like nothing was wrong with her to begin with. So after that flight, I run a compass calibration and complete it as so. Then a new error pops up

- PREFLIGHT FAIL : EKF HIGH IMU GYRO BIAS

Screenshot_2018-10-07-21-31-09.png

Browsing on good ole google suggest that the errors are sensor errors that PX4 is programmed to verify prior to flights. Unfortunately I am not that well versed in the language so trying to figure out why the error is happening is unusual. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I would contact Yuneec asap, it seems like you got issues with your gyro, barometer, and compass.

Found this on px4.io:

PREFLIGHT FAIL: EKF INTERNAL CHECKS:

This error message is generated if the innovation magnitudes of either the horizontal GPS velocity, magnetic yaw, vertical GPS velocity or vertical position sensor (Baro by default but could be range finder or GPS if non-standard parameters are being used) are excessive. Innovations are the difference between the value predicted by the inertial navigation calculation and measured by the sensor.
Users should check the innovation levels in the log file to determine the cause. These can be found under the ekf2_innovations message. Common problems/solutions include:
IMU drift on warmup. May be resolved by restarting the autopilot. May require an IMU accel and gyro calibration.
Adjacent magnetic interference combined with vehicle movement. Resolve my moving vehicle and waiting or re-powering.
Bad magnetometer calibration combined with vehicle movement. Resolve by recalibrating.
Initial shock or rapid movement on startup that caused a bad inertial nav solution. Resolve by restarting the vehicle and minimising movement for the first 5 seconds.

Preflight Checks (Internal) · PX4 User Guide

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis