Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stock 5.8 G patch antenna question

Reaction score
My first H developed a landing gear issue after 3 weeks. Took it back to Best Buy where I purchased it and they gave me a completely new unit.

The original H had the flat face 5.8G antenna with the flexible stem. The new unit came with both the flat face antenna shipped loose in the case along with a mushroom shaped antenna attached to the ST16 which has a rigid stem with a "knuckle" joint for tilting upward.

First of all I'm curious why Yuneec provided both antennas? Secondly, I'm curious as to which one I should use and why?

Thanks in advance

The flat face will probably have higher gain than the mushroom antenna for the 5.8GHz video signal.

The patch antenna is directional so it has more gain, but you have to be pointing at the H all the time. The mushroom is Omni directional, so you can fly behind you an still get signal.

Reactions: Merhlin
The patch antenna is directional so it has more gain, but you have to be pointing at the H all the time. The mushroom is Omni directional, so you can fly behind you an still get signal.
That makes sense and is very helpful. Thank you!

Are they shipping both the patch and omni standard now? My H Pro just came with the patch. I ended up buying the omni later for the very reason you mentioned.

This bring up a question I have (ST16 with dual antennas and the flat patch antenna) - what IS the best way to set up the antenna array on the ST16? Let's assume I'm going to be aiming within 30-40 degrees (at max angle) of my H PRO?

This bring up a question I have (ST16 with dual antennas and the flat patch antenna) - what IS the best way to set up the antenna array on the ST16? Let's assume I'm going to be aiming within 30-40 degrees (at max angle) of my H PRO?
You always point the patch antenna or bend it so the top faces the H at all times. Your other two antennas need to have the long part facing the H (vertical) Not the tips. So pull them up towards you when holding your ST16 so they orient in that way. You can angle them a little offset to the outside if you want.

Reactions: Sailor Mike
Are they shipping both the patch and omni standard now? My H Pro just came with the patch. I ended up buying the omni later for the very reason you mentioned.

I just purchased my Typhoon H+ (Best Buy 7/18)) and it comes with both, the patch came in the accessories box. The omni was already installed on the transmitter.

I just purchased my Typhoon H+ (Best Buy 7/18)) and it comes with both, the patch came in the accessories box. The omni was already installed on the transmitter.
Not sure what price you paid, but the price has been reduced- call Best Buy for a price match (If we lower our in-store or online price during the return and exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request.) if you paid more than $999.00- They will refund you with tax the difference........ I just saved around $200!! Keep an eye on the web site!!

Not sure what price you paid, but the price has been reduced- call Best Buy for a price match (If we lower our in-store or online price during the return and exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request.) if you paid more than $999.00- They will refund you with tax the difference........ I just saved around $200!! Keep an eye on the web site!!
He bought the H Plus rather than the H.

The Typhoon H Plus, for 1000.00? Nope. Best Buy price, this past Saturday was 1899.00. I'm not sure we're talking about the same drone or model. Vertigo had one (I thought) for 200 less but Best Buy researched it and said Vertigo's didn't have the Intel RealSense Obstacle Avoidance system. I was hoping to get $200 off but no such luck.

Careful with Vertical Drones. I bought a 920+ at another location. In less than a week after I made the purchase public Vertigo, in a private deal with Yuneec, chopped $700.00 off the price I paid for it. A check with Yuneec for a price match provided a sorry but that’s not our policy response. Within another week other dealers were offering the new lower price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
essentailhoodie