Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strange Range Issue

There's been a lot of back and forth on this issue but what I'm really curious about is, is this common to have camera disconnects when previously, I did not, and second, what is the common problem?

I was surprised this late summer to not see any software updates to the drone or remote, particularly after the painful start to last year.

Eric
One question...
Are you using the EU firmware or the Standard firmware? In other words, do you live in the uSA or in England?

Thanks. Yes, we use csv files at work sometime for analytical products. Just not sure how to load since nothing accepts. Maybe I can remove extension and someone there add it back.

I've never removed the antennas though.

Seems odd that I suddenly have this bit of a week signal with the cam connection.

Eric

I'm about to give up here on this file thing. I've zipped and the site doesn't allow a zip extension either.
Try these instructions for @DoomMeister before you give up. It would be good to look at the logs.

If you are interested in learning how to use the program for reading the logs, I will go find the link to the download. The program was written by @h-elsner, and is a very good tool, but there is a lot of it to grasp before you start to get much from it.

Help me with forensics

Copy the files to your computer, use your computer to change the file name. Retain all of the original file name and add “.txt” after the .csv extension. The files will be acceptable to uploading to this site afterwards.

This site will not accept any EXCEL file format extension.

Yuneec and many other companies that use data files use the CSV format in system files to assure data obtained is pure. A CSV file cannot be altered to change and save altered data unless the altered file is saved under a different name or format. It keeps people honest.

There are two different radio connections at the Typhoon H. 2.,4GHz RC-connection using ZigBee protocol for control and telemetry and a 5.4GHz WiFi connection for video downlink from the camera. Usually the 2.4 RC connection has a wider range compared to the WiFi connection.
But the copter can also be controlled by WiFi connection as backup. If control fails at the same time as video, I guess the copter was not bound to ST16 or lost binding somehow. Did you use Wizard inbetween?

Check binding of both, camera and copter in the bind menu at the ST16. Also telemetry can be used to identify problems with radio connection. If in the column "fsk_rssi" the value is always zero, then the binding was lost. Due to the latency of the WiFi connection the control of the copter may be harder than usual.

You can zip any type of file to upload it here. Also CSV files or complete FlightLogs.

br HE

Just a thought.... if you were in your yard near your house make sure you have the WiFi "off" on the ST16 (it is merely an Android tablet) if you have switched it on for any reason. I could be battling the WiFi signal from the house. The only other thing, other than an equipment problem, could be a high KP index which screws with WiFi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoot and DCH
Seems odd that I suddenly have this bit of a week signal with the cam connection.
There can be several causes. The ST16 wifi board, the coax inside the ST16, the connector becoming loose on the outside of the ST16, the mushroom antenna or possibly the antenna inside the camera. It can take some time to sort it out. If you have anyone close with an H it makes troubleshooting easier by switching cameras or controllers to test.

You can open the csv files with Excel, Open Office or the program listed above.

I apologize for the error in my post above. It's the hazard of answering questions in more than one post at a time. Glad you figured out the ST16 storage. As @PatR mentioned above, the fastest way to attach a file here is to just add the .txt to the file name.

One question...
Are you using the EU firmware or the Standard firmware? In other words, do you live in the uSA or in England?
I've found Eu software to give range issues in some areas, sometimes it will fly out without loss and other times it's plays up, it can be a pain, it must be external interference.

I've found Eu software to give range issues in some areas, sometimes it will fly out without loss and other times it's plays up, it can be a pain, it must be external interference.
The main problem I have with the EU firmware is the well known issue with losing video connection when raising the landing gear. Doesn't happen every time but enough times for it to be annoying. This is the main reason why I asked the question. Other than that, I tend to get good reception of video up to at least the 500m legal downrange.

I agree that the area one flies can have an impact on video connection having noted one or two instances when the video has been choppy at shorter ranges...but this is rare for me.

Hello all,

I wanted to post a thread that wasn't in a previous thread issue that I saw here regarding range because I think my issue is different. In that thread people were complaining about a 2500 foot distance in range. I think I would be satisfied with that actually but I don't know if I inadvertently changed a setting or what but I notice when my remote is connecting to the typhoon H that it also says connecting Wi-Fi. And coincidentally with that I also noticed that my range is suddenly iffy at a very close distance. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not certain that I should have a Wi-Fi connection. Thanks ahead guys
have you tried flying it at a different location just in case something has changed at that one.

Reactions: PatR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech