Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strobing in video footage????

I knew I wasn't imagining it lol :)
After the latest update it eased the issue a lot for 4K and 1080P but is still evident in 2.7K.
I really prefer shooting in 2.7K as it means the files sizes are not too big but it allows me to crop as all our output is 1080P.
1080P is ok but it doesn't have as much detail as it should and the aliasing of rooftops etc is rather annoying so I will have to shoot in 4K for now.
Still DNG files are amazing but I still need good video footage for my clients :)
I also got a full set of ND filters for the camera to bring down the 4000th of a second shutter speed to 60 also seemed to help a bit too.
Overall at the moment you can still see it slightly in the waveform monitor in FCPX but it's now a lot less noticeable in 4K and 1080p.
It just looks like an exposure issue that can be fixed. I messaged Yuneec about it with the example but had no response :(

Which ND filters did you end up going with? That was going to be my next purchase as well. I have to shoot 4K for me so hopefully the update is a good improvement. (I just updated the camera firmware itself only and about to go test it out) That sample video you shot looks good! I don't see any strobing in it.

Freewell Yuneec ND Filters

Page says backordered until mid-August... I would call tomorrow to get an actual in-stock ETA

[UPDATE] as of August 23, now in stock :)

Last edited:
The ones I got were Freewell for the E90 as they also fit the E23 as well :)
haha love the horse riding one.
Had he ever rode before? He did good.
I like what you have done for him. Certainly makes it stand out.

haha love the horse riding one.
Had he ever rode before? He did good.
I like what you have done for him. Certainly makes it stand out.
Lol you've been going through my videos :)
Think he used to do some riding a few years back when he was younger well before his agent days :)

So after digging through the file/codec using firmware 1.10. Its only recording at 60Mbps instead of 100Mbps. I've tried all resolutions and it only records at 60Mbps. I'm currently rolling the firmware back to 1.08 until they fix both issues now as I would rather have the higher bitrate with the slight strobing than the no strobing at a lower bitrate.

So going back to my original discovery. I am now 100% certain I cannot record in 100Mbps bit rate with Version 1.10. I rolled back to 1.08 and decided to lock my WB setting and my strobing in 4K seems to have gone away. Might be worth a try for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece