Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Study material for 107

Wow,
That is some serious reading.
May be easier and cheaper to go get a new medical and biannual review.
Right! I'm about 20 hours shy of my private but had to take a break. Good thing is you should be good with the airspace and chart questions!

Been reading through it. WOW is right. Alot of information to learn. I'll be honest, that its alot more than I expected one would need to know. Its not something someone can just read through once and take the test expecting to pass. Okay maybe there are some really bright people out there that can, but for me thats several weeks of real studying...

Reactions: GRH
There is also a sample test out on the faa site. I think the main areas will be the 107 rules, airspace and reading a sectional chart. It's the same way with private pilot ground school test... U have 3000 pages of stuff to learn but they only test ya on about 20....lol.

I found an app in the app store called "Drone Test" for IOS. I loaded it on my iPad and it is pretty good. It has 370 questions that you can study and then you can take sample tests. I think I had to pay a few $ for it, but in my opinion it is worth it if you are studying for the test. I am in no way at all affiliated with the app. Just passing on the info.

I'm pretty sure mine was $9.99 on the IOS app store. The company is Aeroapps Technology. The app name is Remote Pilot FAA Test Prep - UAS Rating. Don't want you all paying too much for a different app, although I have seen online courses upwards of $150 so probably still a bargain at $40. Here is a link Remote Pilot FAA Test Prep - UAS Rating on the App Store

I'm pretty sure mine was $9.99 on the IOS app store. The company is Aeroapps Technology. The app name is Remote Pilot FAA Test Prep - UAS Rating. Don't want you all paying too much for a different app, although I have seen online courses upwards of $150 so probably still a bargain at $40
I'll have to check it out on my iPad later.. Unfortunately I forgot it at home today

I just bought and installed the $39.99 Android app called "Drone Pilot (UAS) Test Prep". It is loaded, I feel I'll get my money's worth. Can't put the darned thing down. Couldn't find much else for Android.

I just bought and installed the $39.99 Android app called "Drone Pilot (UAS) Test Prep". It is loaded, I feel I'll get my money's worth. Can't put the darned thing down. Couldn't find much else for Android.
Sweet... Please let us know how ya like it and how relevant it seems to be.

Prepping for the Remote Pilot Knowledge Test
With the effective date of the part 107 small unmanned aircraft system (sUAS) rule fast approaching, many people are preparing to take the FAA knowledge test for the new remote pilot certificate. Here are some resources that can help: theAirman Certification Standards (ACS) for Unmanned Aircraft Systems; online sample questions; the part 107 online training course available at FAASafety.gov; the part 107 Advisory Circular, and the Remote Pilot Knowledge Test Guide. In addition, an Internet search will provide several third-party training providers that are available
Just got this email from FAA Safety

Just got this email from FAA Safety
I received the same thing. I took the online course which was free and the test at the end and have my certificate that I passed. I think the course was excellent and well prepared. It does not completely prepare you for the 107 test, but probably gets you 60 - 70% of the way, then you need to study up on weather, charting, and weights and measures.

Reactions: Wileytrigger21

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop