Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stupid User Tricks: Caution using RC Calibration Controller Test

Reaction score
Corvallis, Or, USA & Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
A few days ago, in my quest to alter the J3 and J4 rate curves, as @Ty Pilot had done for the H (and before he said it wasn't necessary for the H+), I had the 'brilliant' thought that maybe on the ST16S these rate curves could be found in the RC Calibration section. So, I wandered into that section of the UI, punched some buttons then backed out of the section realizing that no rate curves were available. BAD IDEA. Later, when I powered up the H+, the camera gimbal pointed straight down. I could not control the gimbal and I then realized that the joy sticks were also not functional. Turns out that my foray into the RC Calibration Controller Test UI had disabled J1 - J4 and K1 - K3! :(

Fortunately, following the procedure described in @ogrench modified manual, I was successfully able to 're-calibrate' all the control inputs. :cool:

Obvious solution: don't enter the 'controller test' unless you plan on ACTUALLY re-calibrating the system. If you exit before a successful re-calibration, you will have a non-functional controller :oops:.

As happened so many times with the H-480, some things will be learned the “hard way”. Thanks for being the first, and for sharing. Pleased to read you were successful[emoji106]

Reactions: DoomMeister
As happened so many times with the H-480, some things will be learned the “hard way”. Thanks for being the first, and for sharing. Pleased to read you were successful[emoji106]
Thanks Pat!
I did have a few moments of anxiety when I realized I had potentially bricked the controller. Fortunately, there was enough documentation in place to allow me to recover. On the positive side, the more experience I get resolving issues like this, the more comfortable I am with the controller app...

You short change yourself. You also had the presence of mind not to panic or make things worse through additional system alterations. You had the good sense to stop, think it through, and proceed logically.

Well done!

Reactions: rdonson and Barton
It would appear that we cannot currently alter any curves with the new set up for the plus. At first flight today, I thought the response could be different but I learned that the switches do allow for new approach. The pan switch modes are better with the new modes. The tilt switch sensitivity is different in position 0 vs 1. It seems IPS now only engages in full follow mode. Now I’m searching for how to toggle GPS off and on.

It would appear that we cannot currently alter any curves with the new set up for the plus. At first flight today, I thought the response could be different but I learned that the switches do allow for new approach. The pan switch modes are better with the new modes. The tilt switch sensitivity is different in position 0 vs 1. It seems IPS now only engages in full follow mode. Now I’m searching for how to toggle GPS off and on.
wait new update

Reactions: CraigCam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn