Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Suggestions for repairs. New owner

Reaction score
4K arrived today with some unforseen issues. Things that I did not see in pictures. Firstly, one of the props has a ding and a slightly bent corner. It does not appear like it is about to come off but will this affect performance for test flights once I take that step? There are other props in the case. Should I replace it or wait a bit till I really fly it? Second picture is more important. The red button (Start/Stop) is broken off. I don't see it in the case at all. Is this something that I can repair or should the controller be sent out to have it done (and to who)? I am thinking that this should be done before I even attempt to power it up. Thanks for any help or suggestions. I did buy this second hand. Still haven't even found the SD card with the manual and all other info on it yet.

20170901_185823.jpg 20170901_185907.jpg 20170901_185945.jpg

Still haven't even found the SD card with the manual and all other info on it yet.
Go to downloads on Yuneec.com and you can download the manual.
Once a prop is chipped or bent it must be replaced. The balance is critical to good motor life. The vibration from unbalanced props will ruin video.
In the picture it looks like the button is still there and is simply missing the red cap. Is it loose in the housing or does it seem tight. If it seems tight, turn on the ST10 and go to System settings and then Hardware Monitor and check all the switches and sticks to see if they function properly. You should do this at least once a month. That will show you whether of not the arm button is working.

Go to downloads on Yuneec.com and you can download the manual.
Once a prop is chipped or bent it must be replaced.
In the picture it looks like the button is still there and is simply missing the red cap. Is it loose in the housing or does it seem tight.

Thank you for the reply. There are replacement props in the box. Some look like Yuneec and there are other, odd, red and white colored ones that I'm not sure I should use. Also prop guards which I have been reading are more trouble than they are worth. I'll sit with it tomorrow and replace that prop. Where the red button should be there is a plastic peg poking up from the housing. It does appear that the red cap is what is missing. I'll see if I can also test the controller tomorrow. Even if it checks out ok, I still would like to have the red button back. Easier to touch and push than trying to hit the recessed peg in the hole. Also odd about the controller is a white piece over the left side controls. This doesn't show on the Yuneec site and appears to be something added aftermarket. There are also rubber bands on this. Is this something to help with flight control .. and should it be removed?

Don't bother with the prop guards. Just stay away for anything you might hit. Yuneec props have the name imprinted of the top of the blade and it is very distinctive. The rubber bands you see are an add-on for people who have trouble using the left stick throttle to help keep it straight without adding yaw at the same time.
Under each prop there is a rubber oring that keeps the prop from getting loose during flight. Make sure those look soft and aren't hard and cracked.
I think the switches are all the same except the color. This one should work. Just spray it red.
Yuneec st10 Pro Personal Ground Station Camera / Video Selector Switch | eBay

Thanks Steve for that link. I would not have thought of what to call it nor to look on eBay. Going to get that and give it a shot. Cheap enough. Looks like it also plugs in. My soldering skills on boards are not good. Found the remains of the broken switch/button in a bag of assorted bits. Might be able to combine parts when the replacement arrives. Previous owner had an array of odd bits in the box. I've been able to ID motors, figured out his rigged battery charger and a few other parts. Not sure about the other odd things. I took a picture of them. A switch cover that I'm not at all sure what their intent was. Any suggestions for the use or intended location of the other bits? At least some of them are labeled Carolina Dronz so I can troll through their website and try to ID them. There are what look like circuit board sockets? but no ID or numbers on them. ** I do know now that the piece marked GLEO is a battery voltage reader. Found that on an ebay search. **

20170902_131313.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loansjagat