Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Suggestions for the new DataPilot 2

I'm rather hoping they make some kind of public statement. If the 520 is to be their commercial flagship they need to show their full support for it and not waffle through denial of information. For its size it has potential, and could make for a useful and affordable test bed for other applications. It goes without saying, although I'll say it anyway, that complete silence leaves all questions unfulfilled, and eventually patience is expended causing those waiting to take a different path. The CES, where all they essentially said was "Hey, look at our new toys", did nothing to assuage their existing 520 customers. It's not too late for them to pull their head out.

Summary of some basic features I expect a from commercial drone, note tagging Industrial or Enterprise on to the name doesn't remove any of these basic requirements

1. TX support for mode change 1,2,3&4
2. TX exponential on channels used for primary and camera controls
3. TX programmable independent rates on channels used for primary and camera controls
4. A robust user interface, current Datapilot app crashes on a regular basis
5. A Camera without severe lens distortion
6. A Camera with quality JPEGs, not soft & dreamy from aggressive noise reduction algorithms
7. A Camera gimbal that can maintain horizontal level
8. A Camera gimbal that can rotate smoothly
9. A Camera that provides Histograms
10. A Camera that provides for Custom White Balance
11. A Camera that can date & time stamp the photographs correctly
12. A Camera that can be controlled independently by a payload operator
13. A Camera that supports all relevant shutter speeds including 1/50th & 1/100th
14. A Camera that transition smoothly between waypoints (current turns abruptly at the waypoint)
15. A Camera that produces video without severe jitter & jello (current E50 issue)
16. A drone that when programmed with straight line missions is capable of flying in a straight line
17. Missions with programmable splines
18. Missions with programmable circles
19. Ability to simply program vertical missions
20. Ability to simply program a series of photographs from a fixed point with varying camera angles both vertical and horizontal
21. Ability to select return to either the take off point or the current controller position
22. A drone that can track the current controller position
23. Ability to select LEDs On/Off Front only or All
24. A gimbal lock for transiting with a camera installed

It really seems that this bird needs some major work and real quick
There is more things that it can' do than it actually can. Is this a prototype?

• Ability to choose how images are saved and how folders are created. By flight (as now), by day, by week, by type of flight, etc.
  • Fix the creation date of the images.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Having had to change the battery on the ST16S while flying longer surveys, I would like the option to continue the survey from a nominated survey point.

Having had to change the battery on the ST16S while flying longer surveys, I would like the option to continue the survey from a nominated survey point.

Or... not only should DataPilot calculate and monitor flight battery levels and swaps during a mission, it should also monitor the ST16s battery, predicting how many changes will be needed, and executing an ST16s battery swap.

Or, a pilot worthy of salt intake should be able to monitor ST16s battery life and swap during a scheduled H520 pit stop. Having multiple ST16s batteries on hand, and charged, being the key element.

Bottom line: DataPilot needs to be able to handle a controller battery change.

Jeff

I am sure somebody has mentioned it but just in case what is really missing in DataPilot is a search for some specific address.

Although an online connection is required. Localization of populations, and from there, locate the area of interest. Searching for locations without any help becomes heavy and long.

sorry if that's a stupid question, but I'm new to this forum: the update for the datapilot app discussed here since January, is what yuneec has released as version 1.3.15 in April - or are we expecting in the near future an update?

sorry if that's a stupid question, but I'm new to this forum: the update for the datapilot app discussed here since January, is what yuneec has released as version 1.3.15 in April - or are we expecting in the near future an update?

It's the other thread, this one we're using to suggest improvements for a future version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold