Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Survey settings DataPilot

You can always adjust the camera-angle yourself while taking off or, during flight ...

I am not sure it is practically possible to change an angle during a flight but I am quite sure it is impossible to do two angles in one go adjusting a camera angle twice at every picture point during a flight. And even if you make your bird to stop somehow for a longer period of time at each picture point which will give you more time to do 2 angles the whole survey will still take much longer to do comparing to a improvement brought to DataPilot Planner where they allow you to pre programme camera angles for the whole survey without waypoints and even more let you program a set of angles that all can be done in one survey.

Reactions: Graham
Hi X-Fly,

See my other Post.
Survey mode ... Post #3

Greetings Marc
So, If I understand you correctly. After having initiated RTL and the H520 has landed, I have to 'Resume te mission' before swapping the battery ? Then wait to the reconnection, and then swipe to take-off ?

So, If I understand you correctly. After having initiated RTL and the H520 has landed, I have to 'Resume te mission' before swapping the battery ? Then wait to the reconnection, and then swipe to take-off ?

X-fly, I was out yesterday 2 days ago surveying with the H520 so it's fresh in my mind.

All I do is RTL, land manually, engines off normally and switch the drone off normally.

At this point the a panel will come up on the right of the screen about lost Comms (I think that's what it says). It has a cancel button on the top right. DO NOTHING. Wait until you have your H520 powered up and the drone and camera should reconnect automatically. Once that happens it should recalculate the flight plan and only show the remaining waypoints.

Just press the 'Play' button on the left and swipe to resume to resume and off it goes.

Reactions: Graham
Dsandson is correct. The H520 can take a few minutes to fully reconnect (well it seems like a few minutes) and some patience may be required.

Anybody an idea what will happen if your survey is too big and the H520 flies outside the reach of the controller ? Will it continue its mission, or RTL ?

Hi X-fly,

I think while the mission is transferred to the drone (H520) its not a problem if the H520 is out of the range of the controller, he will continue its mission by itself. I think outside the range of the controller, you are not able to override the mission with manual commands from the controller (for instance switching the flight mode switch, etc. ). If you want to override the executing of the mission by manual commands from the controller, you have to be within the range of the controller. Due to flying in the line of sight, this problem will not occur ;-)

Greetings
Marc

Reactions: X-Fly
Anybody an idea what will happen if your survey is too big and the H520 flies outside the reach of the controller ? Will it continue its mission, or RTL ?

Remember that we do not have an option to change the return to launch battery voltage / percentage. If it is out of radio range then you risk it not making it safely back to your position. Obviously thats above and beyond any other legal issues in your locality.

Reactions: arruntus and Graham
If flying at great distance, and the link with the H520 is lost, how will you know the battery charge or be able to resume control if you need to, perhaps due to unforeseen circumstances? Remember, if it's really windy, your flight time may be significantly reduced and when flying downwind, the H520 is going to use more charge getting back to your position.

Remember that we do not have an option to change the return to launch battery voltage / percentage. If it is out of radio range then you risk it not making it safely back to your position. Obviously thats above and beyond any other legal issues in your locality.

I do not believe that there is an air safety agency that accepts a type of flight in which control of the aircraft is lost. Therefore it is necessary to remove oneself from the head to make flights bearing in mind to lose the link and as a safety measure, in case it happens, RTL.

If the area to map/survey is so large one runs the risk of outflying controller signal, perhaps it might be wise to break up the project into smaller, more manageable sections. Move the take off locations accordingly. This is assuming, of course, barriers to accessing multiple take off locations do not exist.

Jeff

I find it difficult to relocate my H520 at 400m (and 35m altitude) if I take my eyes off it to check the controller. This is during a survey mission, so the drone position is constantly changing. I am having trouble coming up with a scenario in which an H520 at 1.5 km is within VLOS.

Even my 1.8m wingspan FireFLY6 can become temporarily invisible at 1km depending on sun angle, cloud cover, and drone orientation.

Shorter version: break up your survey into smaller, overlapping parcels, with enough take off locations that you don't risk violating VLOS.

I find it difficult to relocate my H520 at 400m (and 35m altitude) if I take my eyes off it to check the controller. This is during a survey mission, so the drone position is constantly changing. I am having trouble coming up with a scenario in which an H520 at 1.5 km is within VLOS.

Even my 1.8m wingspan FireFLY6 can become temporarily invisible at 1km depending on sun angle, cloud cover, and drone orientation.

Shorter version: break up your survey into smaller, overlapping parcels, with enough take off locations that you don't risk violating VLOS.

At more than 250m it is difficult to locate a multirotor at only 35m high, in spite of the orange colour. Farther away it becomes a dangerous mission to try to follow it with your eyes and attend the station at the same time. Very big would have to be, more than 1000mm to do it quickly. And that having the vision in perfect conditions.

For that we have the screen and the telemetry when we fly at that distance or more ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval