Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Take Action: Say No to Washington State’s Drone Tax

We're already one of the highest taxed states in the country and they want more? BS

We're already one of the highest taxed states in the country and they want more? BS

Not even close. Move two states south if you want to experience high taxation.

For an example, one of my pick up’s (1998) costs $77.00 to register in Oregon for two years. In California it costs $198.00 for one year, with only $23.00 of that amount devoted to registration. In Montana it would have a one time permanent registration.

As California has more registered vehicles, drivers, and miles of paved roads, and receives more fuel taxes than pretty much any other state the cost of scale would suggest our fees would be lower as there are more people paying more money. Instead our state government is telling us DMV services will be degrading because of a lack of funding, implying fee increases will be occurring...again.

For an example, one of my pick up’s (1998) costs $77.00 to register in Oregon for two years. In California it costs $198.00 for one year, with only $23.00 of that amount devoted to registration. In Montana it would have a one time permanent registration.

It is like baby's fees to me. I have to pay almost $1000 AUD(about $700 USD) for 3.4L Prado car rego every f.. year.

I had to sell it because after buying another one I can't afford to keep both(I would love to if I could) Keeping it registered and insured would cost me about $1300 AUD every year. And that's for the car that I have sold for $5100 AUD.

Nonsense but it is the way it is in Australia.

Back to the topic, is it $30 rego fee for a drone per year or per a pilot? CASA which is an aviation authority for Australia has been recently sending emails asking to provide feedback on proposed RPA registration and accreditation. $20 AUD per year per person(not a drone) excluding drones under 250g.

I do not think it is a bad idea to have them registered as it will allow to find a pilot responsible for some mess and target them with fines for breaking rules instead of tightening the rules for everybody else.

Registration in and of itself does nothing aside from collect fees. It’s a tax for the sole purpose of taking money from the participant. There is virtually no added value from registration as all the services they may require are already paid through other forms of taxation. Might as well enact a per nostril tax to tax the air we breath and say it’s to help defray the cost of clean air management. As they already tax cow farts....

If a lost drone is found it can be returned using registration numbers. If it was never lost the registration serves little purpose. If a registered drone is involved in a crime the registration serves no preventative or punitive function unless someone can read the tiny registration numbers or finds said drone crashed at the scene of the crime. In legal circles said drone would have to be witnessed participating in a crime as said drone may have crashed long after a crime had been committed and had no involvement in any crime.

The issue here is that many states especially controlled by the tax and spend party will attempt to tax anything and everything. Maryland used to have a rain tax. It was supposed to be for the benefit of the Chesapeake bay. The other thing about taxing drones or anything else comes down sometimes to how popular or unpopular a thing is. If it’s popular then tax it because it is. If it’s not,tax it because it isn’t with some politicians using a tax to control or discourage it. We all know the average age of the members of this forum so we’ve all been around long enough to know. Tax Man by the Beatles comes to mind and right it’s on a loop in my head.

Reactions: Auburnweedkiller
In Canada, we spend $5 for every drone over 250 Grams, even for recreational use. You get a registration number that is tied to your serial number. If you send in your drone for repair and they send you back a different drone, now you need to re-register, another $5. The serial number is different, so your old registration doesn't apply anymore. Before I retired, I paid 30% of my wage to taxes. I then have the GST to pay at the till, 5%. At least living in Alberta, we don't have Provincial Sales Tax. British Columbia pays of 12% HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) on all Goods and Services. New Brunswick is 15%. At least all of this tax pays for my medical. No fees at the doctor, or the hospital. I recently had an MRI, didn't pay anything. We all pay taxes, just different rates. I know some countries pay more than we do.

Taxman, I'm your taxman...... (George Harrison)

It is like baby's fees to me. I have to pay almost $1000 AUD(about $700 USD) for 3.4L Prado car rego every f.. year.

I had to sell it because after buying another one I can't afford to keep both(I would love to if I could) Keeping it registered and insured would cost me about $1300 AUD every year. And that's for the car that I have sold for $5100 AUD.

Nonsense but it is the way it is in Australia.
Well, you let it happen. you let it be that way in Australia, so blame yourself

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss