Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Take off

Reaction score
A few days ago I lowered the drone with my hands, and then I got this message, and I can not take off anymore, I performed a format and software update but I still can not take off

Attachments

• 638DD063-9332-41F7-A5DD-6228F46E3984.jpeg
    638DD063-9332-41F7-A5DD-6228F46E3984.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
Reactions: DoomMeister
Check the ST16.
The drone's flight controller thinks the red button is active.
It sees the throttle channel at -25%
DO NOT arm the drone until this problem is fixed.
If you try to launch you have NO altitude control.

Last edited:
Check the ST16.
The drone's flight controller thinks the red button is active.
It sees the throttle channel at -25%
DO NOT arm the drone until this problem is fixed.
If you try to launch you have NO altitude control.
How do I check it?

How do I check it?
I don't know if you can check the actual value on the ST16S. That was possible on the ST16, but I don't think it is available for ST16S. However, you can go to "RC Monitor" and check the On/OFF reading for "B1" as you press and release the red button. That feature is available for HPlus, I assume it is available for H520?

What happens if you select "Stop Vehicle" on the warning screen?
Have you tried removing the battery?
Have you tried cancelling any Task Mode the controller may be in?

Reactions: Sureshot
If on the H520, you can check the status of the red start button in Monitor, it is function B1 Status On / Off.
To check that the contact is not stuck on permanently on (Return spring of the button HS.)

The picture indicates a stuck B1 button. It could be a failure inside the button, but the first remedy would simply be to grip the red part of the button and see if you can pull it out.
The red part normally extends about 4mm (~0.16 inch) above the silver collar.

Reactions: Sureshot
The picture indicates a stuck B1 button. It could be a failure inside the button, but the first remedy would simply be to grip the red part of the button and see if you can pull it out.
The red part normally extends about 4mm (~0.16 inch) above the silver collar.
Thanks for the answer I understand we are on the way to solving the problem, from the outside the button looks fine. Is getting to the inner spring a problem?

Thanks for the answer I understand we are on the way to solving the problem, from the outside the button looks fine. Is getting to the inner spring a problem?

The next step would be to ensure the button is the actual problem. Refer to the picture below.
1.) Look for the gap and correct if needed.
2.) Remove the battery.
3.) Remove the rubber grips. (They just pull off).
4.) Remove all seven 2.5mm hex screws and the Philips head screw from the rear cover
5.) Remove the cover.
6.) Unplug the button connector. It's the smaller plug nearest the green tilt slider pot.
7.) Use a Multimeter across the two pins in the plug to verify the button contacts are "open". There should be NO continuity between the two pins when the button is NOT pressed.

Button Check.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gideon
I had this same thing happen a number of times. In my case it turned out to be a software glitch that had developed for reasons known only to the system. I rolled back a couple of versions of the software and then did a OTA update to the latest version and the problem was fixed. The glitch has affected both of my H520 systems at different times and the fix was the same.

It might work for you, hope it does.

I had this same thing happen a number of times. In my case it turned out to be a software glitch that had developed for reasons known only to the system. I rolled back a couple of versions of the software and then did a OTA update to the latest version and the problem was fixed. The glitch has affected both of my H520 systems at different times and the fix was the same.

It might work for you, hope it does.
Thanks for the answer I only have the latest version of how I get an old version of the software

If you message Haydn (one of the members in the forum) he might be able to sort that for you. If you are in the US possibly Caroljna Drones or Yuneec Skins may be able to assist with the firmware or in Europe Yuneec Europe seems to be very helpful.

I have got access to my pc for the next couple of days so I can't assist just now.

Reactions: gideon
Thanks for the answer I only have the latest version of how I get an old version of the software
If there is a glitch in the software on the ST16s, it can be removed by doing a factory reset of the controller and then installing the current firmware. The reset of the controller is the same for the H520 and the H Plus.

If there is any data stored on the ST16 that you wish to save, you should do so before the reset.

You can download the updaterapp.apk by clicking this link:

Last edited:
If there is a glitch in the software on the ST16s, it can be removed by doing a factory reset of the controller and then installing the current firmware. The reset of the controller is the same for the H520 and the H Plus.

If there is any data stored on the ST16 that you wish to save, you should do so before the reset.

You can download the updaterapp.apk by clicking this link:
Ok, so I deleted the tablet according to the guide, but still a button B1 is on....

If you message Haydn (one of the members in the forum) he might be able to sort that for you. If you are in the US possibly Caroljna Drones or Yuneec Skins may be able to assist with the firmware or in Europe Yuneec Europe seems to be very helpful.

I have got access to my pc for the next couple of days so I can't assist just now.
I would love for you to send me an earlier version because I can not find another solution

Apologies for the misspelling. That should have been I haven't got access to my PC for a couple of days. If you can wait until Wednesday I will see if I have the older version (much older) on it. I'll message you on Wednesday.

I would love for you to send me an earlier version because I can not find another solution
Gideon,
I am not certain what you are asking. The link in Post #13 above leads you to the current version, and four previous versions. Are you asking how to download the file? How to install the file? The current and oldest are highlighted in this picture, which is what you will see when you follow the link above or this one: "Yuneec Drones Australia".

H520 APPS.jpg

Reactions: Gadget2628
Ok, so I deleted the tablet according to the guide, but still a button B1 is on....
If B1 is still not working correctly after resetting the controller, then it is not a firmware problem. You will need to inspect the button as @WTFDproject has suggested. That will require opening up the ST16.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49