Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Task modes - GPS control all the way?

As mentioned above, I removed the AL back cover from my phone - but kept the rubber insert on it. I flew about 10 journey mode flights today at distances from 150- to 195' (the max). I had no issues at all. My fishing line dropped off as it should using a metal key ring around the line slipped over the hook on the bottom of the Breeze. I did a few different trajectories with good results. I noticed during these flights I had a height and distance reading in the upper right corner of the display - had not noticed it before. This was great as I could see the distance the Breeze was knowing it would be stopping at the preset distance. On most flights I was only 6-8' off the ground as that simulated the height I want to fly over water before dropping the fishing lure / bait. WiFi was solid at those distances with the AL cover removed - before it would cut out around 140-150'. I had one flight, with the camera pointed down about 20 degrees (guess) and I hit the GeoFence height limit, which I think I had set for 90'. It was assuring that this boundary worked fine. Wind conditions was about 5mph and steady. While I'm not ready to call this a total success and all my fears are gone - the little Breeze did what it was programmed to do with no issues. Several more tests like this and I'll have the confidence to head to the lake and try it out!

Glad to hear you are having success in your endeavors. Flyaways are always in the back of my mind when flying, but haven’t seen anything that even suggests that the Breeze will freak out.

I can tell you that if you are flying under 20 feet where there is a lot of metal the Breeze will drift some. I was doing orbits at the Veteran’s Memorial here in The Villages and noticed some drifting. The concrete there is loaded with rebar and my Breeze was doing a very slow drift.

The cases on my iPhones are just plastic providing some impact protection and better grip. I usually have a good WiFi connection out to 200 feet, then video will start tearing and sometimes controls seem to be a bit laggy.

The real question though is did you catch any fish?

Hope you land some big ones when you go.

@Scott_in_Colorado,

Hey I made a couple of flights today to see what happens when WiFi is lost during Orbit and Journey modes.

In orbit mode the Breeze halts in place stays there for about 30 seconds then goes to RTH height comes to home position and hovers there for about 30 more seconds then lands.

In Journey mode it seemed to complete the out and back then went to RTH height came to home position and hovered there for about 30 seconds then landed. I want to repeat the Journey mode test with the start height at about 5 feet in altitude. I started it at about 30 feet of altitude due to trees in the area.

Have you had a chance to test by turning off WiFi?

No on the WiFi - I'm a chicken to turn it off!! It works great as is, and as my dad told me many times, "if it's not broken, don't fix it" - well, I never learned that as I always took stuff apart to see how it worked and modify it somehow. Yes, I lead a fun childhood.

Your results are encouraging.. thanks for testing and reporting.

You are welcome. I was curious as to how it would react. I’ll post more results in this thread when I get a chance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold