Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Team mode using Wizard and ST16

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a new member from Perth, Western Australia and looking for a bit of clarification before committing to a Typhoon H.

What I'm looking to understand is if I'm using team mode to film someone kitesurfing (for example), am I able to override / exit the follow/watch me mode and regain control from the ST16 if I feel they are heading into a dangerous situation - for example a crowded area ?

( i.e I've attached the wizard to my subject for ease of tracking, and I just want to control the camera)

I do own an Airdog which as great follow me ability, but absolutely no control from anyone other than the subject wearing the leash. This makes filming anyone other than myself a scary proposition.

I did own a P4 briefly but sold it unopened / unboxed after reading countless reports of the problems experienced.

3rd time lucky I'm hoping.

Last edited:
Sure you can, even with the Wizard too!, You can always exit right out, or switch to Angle Mode and you are back in full control ! Since those modes you stated can only be done in Smart Mode, Wizard you can just stop it, haven't tried or even know if you can change flight modes with Wizard yet?

Reactions: James_perth
Great, so as long as I have the ST16 controller with me, I can exit the follow me tracking of the wizard by switching out of the smart modes back to angle.

This is a major problem with the AD when your subject is 300-400m away and unaware of potential hazards.

Sounds like the Typhoon H can offer me tracking as well as manual control then. Best of both worlds.

Great, so as long as I have the ST16 controller with me, I can exit the follow me tracking of the wizard by switching out of the smart modes back to angle.

This is a major problem with the AD when your subject is 300-400m away and unaware of potential hazards.

Sounds like the Typhoon H can offer me tracking as well as manual control then. Best of both worlds.
Yes Sir !

Reactions: James_perth
If you go into the setting and select out of Team Mode back to Single Mode it is supposed to, I personally have never tried this, so I would call Yuneec to confirm that it will !

If you go into the setting and select out of Team Mode back to Single Mode it is supposed to, I personally have never tried this, so I would call Yuneec to confirm that it will !
I found by accident really by what happened to me in switching from team mode to ST16. The H interpreted the switch of Mode as a break in connection. Hence the Typhoon ascended instigating RTH , So it just stayed at the hover until the single mode was entered after a short while. So it would seem to be quite safe but the switch from team mode to single mode is not instant. I also found although I was not trying to do what you were seeking that it is possible to lock the ST 16 in team mode. Meaning that after closing down both systems and opening up them up again the ST 16 was still in Team Mode. Maybe there was a glitch with the Wizard but it seems that it is possible to start up in Team Mode from scratch.

I tested the team mode. It works fine, BUT during the team mode, I tried to switch off the wizard in order to get back the whole control with my st16... Impossible, I had to switch the wizard on, to take control again and land the H.

I tried the Wizard but didn't think I had any real use for it. I went through the procedure to return to ST16 only, but since then my "H"
has not booted up. On the main LED I get BLUE>>>RED >>YELLOW flashing 1 second apart repeatedly.The screen on the ST16 says (LHS) "GPS acquiring"
and nothing happens. I sent a email to Yuneec EU a week ago but have not had a reply. I thought the Yuneec service was good. So far, not for me. The telephone number is always engaged.
I have this idea that it is something to do with that Wizard. Is it trying to start up from the Wizard ?

I tried the Wizard but didn't think I had any real use for it. I went through the procedure to return to ST16 only, but since then my "H"
has not booted up. On the main LED I get BLUE>>>RED >>YELLOW flashing 1 second apart repeatedly.The screen on the ST16 says (LHS) "GPS acquiring"
and nothing happens. I sent a email to Yuneec EU a week ago but have not had a reply. I thought the Yuneec service was good. So far, not for me. The telephone number is always engaged.
I have this idea that it is something to do with that Wizard. Is it trying to start up from the Wizard ?
If the ST16 will not boot to a screen there is nothing you can do but send it back. If you can get the ST16 to boot up without the Typhoon being on you will find it is still in team mode. Put it back to single (you may have to do it twice) and it should be alright. This is what I did when I had the same problem.

Hi. I'm a New member from France, near Calais.

I've attached the wizard to Typhoon H as team mode,

And no return possible to switching in single?

On the ST 16 I have video return and no pan and tilt only the gimbal tilt control slider

On the Typhoon H, gimbal is in the front axe can move only with control slider.

On the ST 16 I go into the setting and select out of Team Mode back to Single Mode, I do it twice, and repeat many time nothing change.

Did I send it back for overhaul ?

Hi. I'm a New member from France, near Calais.

I've attached the wizard to Typhoon H as team mode,

And no return possible to switching in single?

On the ST 16 I have video return and no pan and tilt only the gimbal tilt control slider

On the Typhoon H, gimbal is in the front axe can move only with control slider.

On the ST 16 I go into the setting and select out of Team Mode back to Single Mode, I do it twice, and repeat many time nothing change.

Did I send it back for overhaul ?
Did you tilt the Typhoon H forward 2 times to set it in bind mode?
Do this and you should see the rear LED flashing orange. On the ST16, go to binding screen and refresh. Click on both the Typhoon H and CGO3 plus camera. If it asks for a password, use "1234567890"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval