Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Testing internal resistance

Reaction score
I saw a reference to this tester "Tenergy 5-in-1" and that the a10 has IR testing. I couldn't find the IR on the A10. Should I get the 5 in 1 or learn how to run the A10?

Once I've got that answered what are the usual IR results for a new Zippy 5000? I did put in a little time referencing both google and this forum but as usual I had a hard time finding results that make sense to me.

For some reason that’s not surprising. If you are one that likes to spend money needlessly you might consider buying that Turnigy product. If you like keeping your money when you already have the tools you need you prolly shouldn't buy it.

The A-10 does provide IR measurement and cell balance. The flow chart that s provided with the charger shows it but following that chart’s flow is just crazy.

Turn on charger, plug in both battery leads. Hit the Batt/Prog button and bring up Lipo. Hit the "Increase" button to scroll through several battery types and arrive at "Battery Resistance". Push the Enter button and wait a moment for the resistance to depict. If you're math challenged you can push the increase button to be provided the sum of all cells.

While you were initially pressing the "Inc" button you passed a heading named "Batt Meter". That's the cell balance state. You would enter and exit that the same way.

To exit the battery resistance program push 'Batt/Prog" again, then the "Inc" or Dec" button to take you back to the "lipo" setting. Push the "Enter" button again to set it for lipo charging again.

Good IR values for the Zippy 5000 are anything under 24 or so. Mine usually show up with an out of the box IR of 18 or less and drop to 12 or less after the first charge. Thus far they have remained stable after that. Typical cell IR's are 2 or 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: thoneter
I hate to let things go to your big head but thanks and your still sorta the man! Connectors showed up this morning. Thanks again. Need to get a heads up on the IR thingy. We do math real good in Minnesnowta. We's gots the core math for dummies which makes us mathamageniuses.

It's actually disheartening how stupid our kids are coming out of HS with core math and core english. Heaven forbid we learn kids how to write cursively! My daughter got all A's in HS but I had to show her in 11th grade how to do long division and multiply fractions.

iu

Last edited:
I saw a reference to this tester "Tenergy 5-in-1" and that the a10 has IR testing. I couldn't find the IR on the A10. Should I get the 5 in 1 or learn how to run the A10?

Once I've got that answered what are the usual IR results for a new Zippy 5000? I did put in a little time referencing both google and this forum but as usual I had a hard time finding results that make sense to me.
The A10 is a good IR source, best price too.

The Tenergy is very inaccurate, and I think no longer made but several in inventory. Basically considered useless.

If you’re looking for a specialty designed meter quick to give IR and total IR & Volt balance about the only self standing tool thst’s accurate is the Revolectrix.

But, it’s not a low cost instrument...
Revolectrix
Revolectrix LiPo Battery Internal Resistance IR Meter (LiPo Only) [REVDCIR] | Cars & Trucks
Amain always has monthly discount codes, on site they list their codes.
Discount Coupons & Codes - AMain Hobbies

If you enjoy the manual mathematical way... you could do it the long hand method and measure... bit tedious compared to connecting a meter... as long as you understand the measurement... same outcome.

I used the A10. I'm learnin'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me