Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Testing, Testing

Reaction score
OK...first off, if you get vertigo or hate fuzzy video you might not want to watch!!!
This morning I went out to the field to test fly with a new Flight Control board installed.
All went well and I ran thru 2 batteries.
This is the last of 5 clips the camera saved on the card.
It's a bit boring and there's no music, just a video of part of my test flight
The jerky flying is me in combination with rabbit mode.
The turns are mostly the bird turning not the camera panning.
The pan in the middle of the video is of the sleepy(ish) town of Muswellbrook in the Upper Hunter Valley in New South Wales in Australia (Coal mining country)
Green is not a common color in these parts but with the solid rain we've had recently that is starting to improve
My video skills are worse than pathetic and this is totally unedited video
Any comments will be treated with total disdain and completely ignored...just kidding!!
Don't know why the props and arms are showing so much, especially when accelerating from stop.(gimbal unable to compensate???)
Also there is some "glitching" when panning!!!??
Don't know what the little bunny hop is after landing, didn't do it the other times I touched down!!
WOW...ootube video is crap compared to original!!
Cheers all

4:50

Watch later

Last edited:
The link you have posted is not a valid address. You must publish the video and set it for "Public"
Code:
youtube]4kcbuqWkPa4

The correct address would look something like this:
Code:
https://youtu.be/Q1tir5ax7rg

Last edited:
Youtube might be great for watching stuff but it's ............complicated to work with
try again
cheers

Working...

From your starting point, I am guessing you may have the gimbal control, in the down position (velocity mode). That mode is much more susceptible to visual incursions from the props, because of the additional range at the top.

The glitches you are seeing in the panning are prop shadows... am I correct, that you did not take this video with ND filters? If you pick up a set, you will find some of those video artifacts go away... which is why their use is recommended.

Working...

From your starting point, I am guessing you may have the gimbal control, in the down position (velocity mode). That mode is much more susceptible to visual incursions from the props, because of the additional range at the top.

The glitches you are seeing in the panning are prop shadows... am I correct, that you did not take this video with ND filters? If you pick up a set, you will find some of those video artifacts go away... which is why their use is recommended.
Switches 2 and 3 are both centered, as only way to get camera control.
No filters.
I have a set of 6 Freewell filters which I haven't tried yet as concentrating more on the flying side.
Both "sliders" on the rear are fully up.
Rabbit because I forgot to drop back to turtle after takeoff and the left one is because that is the only way I can get the camera to look straight ahead.
Or maybe it's looking slightly up!
No matter how many times I calibrate the gimbal it finishes up looking down.
2 batteries just finished charging and I'm about to head out to run another couple of batteries thru
We'll see how things turn out
cheers

If you haven't left yet, make sure the batteries are properly cooled down from charging...

OK, so you have the gimbal in Angle... that's good as that eliminates the additional tilt from the equation... having the flight response set to rabbit will cause that type of behavior, as the responsiveness of the AC exceeds the capability of the gimbal to compensate. If you fly with the response slider to only 2/3 to rabbit and ND filters, the video will be smoother...

If you haven't left yet, make sure the batteries are properly cooled down from charging...

OK, so you have the gimbal in Angle... that's good as that eliminates the additional tilt from the equation... having the flight response set to rabbit will cause that type of behavior, as the responsiveness of the AC exceeds the capability of the gimbal to compensate. If you fly with the response slider to only 2/3 to rabbit and ND filters, the video will be smoother...
Thanks again.
Didn't fly as workers were doing prep work on the "field" for the upcoming football season.
Will report back in due course

By football do you mean rugby or American style football?

By football do you mean rugby or American style football?
The only NFL in Oz is on tv during your season.
Here they are rugby league nutters and also Australian Rules is very popular (that's where the punters come from)
I quite enjoy watching the NFL, go Patriots.....oops that could be trouble!!
There seem to be more Aussies getting in to the NFL, punters, defensive and running backs (I think)
I see the draft is coming up in a couple weeks, should have a lot of people guessing who's going where.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech