Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH Flight Planner vs UAV toolbox

Reaction score
The TH Flight Planner at Flight Planner Link allows me to create a grid. This grid is, it seems, very much like the H520 planning tool. Of course, the H520 export is nothing like the .ccc file that is saved from the Flight Planner tool. I examined both of them, and it appears that someone with good programming skills could extract the H520 file data and convert it to a .ccc file, but that is not my skillset. Any takers?

Anyway, I am wondering about a few things in the difference between the flight planner tool and the UAV toolbox tool. The first thing is I wonder why Yuneec hasn't included the flight planner as an app in the st16? That would seem to be the most logical place for it. Secondly, I wonder if UAV toolbox is going to be updated to be more like the flight planner tool.

Does anyone know the history of these tools and if there are any plans to update them?

From watching this board, I believe Typhoon H/ST16 doesn't provide the APIs needed for a mapping application to run. UAV Toolbox does a good job with setting CCC waypoints and camera angles on a map by writing CCC Waypoints and saving them in the collection along with waypoints setup by flying the drone and aiming the camera. But, it only works with video, and it only runs on the ST16, no web interface is there for it. I like my Typhoons for 'hand flying' with a CGO3 or CGOET, but use Litchi or DroneDeploy with DJI for everything else...

I have been experimenting with the the online flight planner, and it is a good tool. Haven't found many tutorials or anything written that tells me how it works. But what I have figured out on my own is that you can indeed create a search grid that the drone will fly automatically. Then, all you have to do on the ground is control the camera POV as it flies. This is invaluable when you are searching for something.
To do it, simply save the resulting file from flight planner, then connect via USB to the ST16. Copy the .ccc file from your laptop or PC in the right directory and call it up from the LIST button in the Curved Cable Cam. Works well.
My only wish is that UAV toolbox would allow grid mapping, but Tuna is not responding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval