Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH Flyaway and crash... Searching as i type

Reaction score
Upgraded the can yesterday to the latest firmware after experiencing issues from previous firmware. Performed calibration and took a test flight yesterday with no issues. Fast forward to right now... Im in the middle of the woods searching for it after it decided to fly away almost immediately from flight. Have been searching for almost an hour now. Anything from the controller that could help me locate it?

You should be able to use the telemtry file to get its last known coordinates. Not sure how this is done.

Bill W.

You should be able to use the telemtry file to get its last known coordinates. Not sure how this is done.

Bill W.
Flight data wasn't available unfortunately however i did just find it.... Really hope Yuneec takes care of this for me.20160917_105504.jpg

Upgraded the can yesterday to the latest firmware after experiencing issues from previous firmware. Performed calibration and took a test flight yesterday with no issues. Fast forward to right now... Im in the middle of the woods searching for it after it decided to fly away almost immediately from flight. Have been searching for almost an hour now. Anything from the controller that could help me locate it?
Same here, did the update last night and calibrated and went out this morning and when I started the props it just went on a sideways trip across the parking lot.

Same here, did the update last night and calibrated and went out this morning and when I started the props it just went on a sideways trip across the parking lot.
Sorry to hear it happened to you also. How bad was it? Have you reached out to CS yet and if so how are they handling it so far?

sorry thinking this was aftermarket one :) never see opened cg03+
ant.jpg

sorry thinking this was aftermarket one :) never see opened cg03+
ant.jpg
Yeah that's the stock antenna. It has been suggested to make a small hole in the cover and let the stock antenna hang out for better reception.

Bill W.

Sorry to hear it happened to you also. How bad was it? Have you reached out to CS yet and if so how are they handling it so far?
Broken props, camera filter lost and locking ring gone. One arm lock had to be adjusted and customer service went through the binding and failed test menu in controller, took about 20 minutes and now it flies ok but waiting for parts to the camera lens before going out again, thanks for your concern. P.S. My advice is to call customer service first, sometimes they can get you going again over the phone, they have three times with me.

thats exactly what mine did...luckily i was able to control it and bring it home....now maybe yuneec is starting to realize that the firmware upgrade is causing this...mine has been at yuneec now for a week....

After the 9/3 upgrade my H would not hover but moved forward as though the pitch (right stick forward) was out of trim.

This is a link to the relevant thread and successful resolution: ST16 Requires Calibration ?

This may be the cause to the fly away. I generally take off in turtle mode to limit any issues. If I had taken off in rabbit mode after the update, the H would have flown into my trees if I did not catch it. I notice the behavior when I switched from turtle to rabbit : turtle dampens everything.

Received my replacement TH (retail packaging) yesterday from Yuneec CS. Am very happy with the turnaround time to receive it and overall how they handled this for me.

Since i wasn't having any issues before the September FW updates, I found a saved copy of the previous July FW and updated the TH and ST16. Just want to be sure before I fly that the ST16 and TH versions both match?

ST16: System Version st16_system_v03.01.b22
Typhoon-H: Gimbal V1.22, AutoPilot V1.16, Camera V3.2.07(A) RealSense N/A

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval