Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The cgo3 camera on typhoon h

Reaction score
The cgo3 camera will not work on Typhoon H massage on screen says old firmware. How can I or is it possible to use this camera on the H. Was going to upgrade lens and use this camera for stills.

Did you get this message after you selected the camera model and then tried to bind the camera to the H?

Reactions: jlwilder40
I just ran into this issue after getting the actioncam. The streaming to the st16 isn't perfect but it still takes pictures and records video just fine.
1) Download the latest firmware update for the cgo3 from Downloads - Typhoon Q500 4K
2) Put it onto an sd card.
3) Put sd card into the cgo3
4) Turn on the Typhoon H with the cgo3 attached. (Edit: I left the st16 off here so the camera doesnt connect)
5) The little light on the camera will start blinking purple, it's updating the firmware
6) After the camera shuts off, turn off the Typhoon H and remove the sd card. You'll probably want to delete the update file
7) Turn on your ST16 and Typhoon H
8) Rebind camera. Don't forget to choose cgo3 under camera select before binding. You should be good from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: jlwilder40
I just ran into this issue after getting the actioncam. The streaming to the st16 isn't perfect but it still takes pictures and records video just fine.
1) Download the latest firmware update for the cgo3 from Downloads - Typhoon Q500 4K
2) Put it onto an sd card.
3) Put sd card into the cgo3
4) Turn on the Typhoon H with the cgo3 attached. (Edit: I left the st16 off here so the camera doesnt connect)
5) The little light on the camera will start blinking purple, it's updating the firmware
6) After the camera shuts off, turn off the Typhoon H and remove the sd card. You'll probably want to delete the update file
7) Turn on your ST16 and Typhoon H
8) Rebind camera. Don't forget to choose cgo3 under camera select before binding. You should be good from there.
Thank you I will give it a try tomorrow.

Has anyone tried to bind a q500 gopro gimbal to a typhoon h? Since the cgoet is no longer available for an h I'm thinking a flir retrofit to a gopro gimbal... any thoughts/experiences? Better resolution would be achieved with nearly any of the flir cameras

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig