Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The DJI Mavic is pure WOW

Be interesting to watch all the new drone intros duke it out from now till Christmas.

By the time you add the cost of a hand held gimbal and a Phone, it's not such a bargain. Not to mention it's from a dishonest company that spams the competitors forums every day.

Reactions: Michael Walker
On the DJI FB page they have some frame grab comparisons between P4 and Mavic and "IF" those are accurate it's not looking good for the Mavic. Time will tell :)

Great design and concept!

On the DJI FB page they have some frame grab comparisons between P4 and Mavic and "IF" those are accurate it's not looking good for the Mavic. Time will tell :)

Great design and concept!
I also noticed the horizontal pan seemed a little jerky but this is a prototype so time will tell. I still see the rolling shutter artifacting during a horizontal pan depending on the video mode I'm shooting with the CGO3+ but the pan is basically smooth. I didn't notice the artifacting on the Mavic, just the jerky pan. Since the Mavic is smaller physics really play a roll so the gimbal really will need to be much more robust to compensate. This isn't a Mavic issue its a small drone issue. A larger drone's inertia allows for a more forgiving gimbal.

Greg

I pre-ordered mine. We should know more about the camera before release. If the camera is anywhere near the quality of the P4 this thing is going to be amazing. We'll see.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
First real user video I have seen was pretty soft. I like many of the features of this drone, especially the compact size when folded, but if the video is cr@p then forget it.

I agree, if the video isn't at least as good as the Yuneec H (and that's not really top of the line) then I'll cancel my order. It is 4k and stabalized nicely so it may be able to be adjusted in editing. I did see a couple of videos where the video was worked on and it looked great.

Here is one video by Casey Neistat. He is completely over the top about the drone, but look at the actual video from it starting at about 10:15. It is down sized from 4K which usually makes things sharper, but this is really soft.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Here is one video by Casey Neistat. He is completely over the top about the drone, but look at the actual video from it starting at about 10:15. It is down sized from 4K which usually makes things sharper, but this is really soft.
It's more like brace yourself to be disappointed. Based on that video it doesn't look sharp compared to his P4. I think he's more excited about the form factor and flight characteristics. His if it's 75% as good as P4 footage is too high seems more like 60%. Lets hope this isn't the best representation of the camera quality. The Mavic looks rock solid hovering though!

I ended up selling my H and pre-ordering the Mavic. Was a bit disappointed with the quality, flying, pictures, etc on the H. DJI does produce a great product, I was just never sold on the Phantom design but now with the Mavic, it looks great, very portable, and all the good things DJI already provides.

Reactions: Ralphy
More Mavica video. Wow is right. Wow this looks like cr@p. Even the Hero 5 session looks better.

People will be willing to give up some camera quality for the extra convenience of carrying in a small bag or hand. Why would you think the Mavic should have all the pros of the P4 in a reduced size and price? DJI may have horrible customer service, but not a stupid company to make their breads and butter Phantom obsolete.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval