Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The H is complete it's got rubber baby chimney bumpers LOL

How heavy is the prop guard? Whatever weight it adds is sitting pretty high up and far from the center of gravity, so I would expect the flight characteristics to be impacted to some degree.

How heavy is the prop guard? Whatever weight it adds is sitting pretty high up and far from the center of gravity, so I would expect the flight characteristics to be impacted to some degree.

2.4 ounces

Ill let you know tomorrow if it gets weird, I'm going to inspect the chimney LOL too rainy today :(

Brian even though the prop guards don't add a lot of weight they do add a lot of resistance to the whole aircraft. There would be a slight difference in the way it handles in wind.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Now I can bump into to things, and I dont have to buy new glasses ;P

I like them, Brian.
The set below has been coming by sailboat from Hong Kong for a month at least. 2-piece, snap on, seem secure. I'll give 'em a go shortly. Viva la gadgets.:rolleyes:
Typhoon H Guard Dogs.jpg

Weight? and do you still have lights?
Forgot to weigh, but fairly light. I ran it around outside in Rabbit, jerked it up high, this way and that without problem. Probably best use will be indoors. They are easy to snap on and off and do not interfere with lights or anything.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Forgot to weigh, but fairly light. I ran it around outside in Rabbit, jerked it up high, this way and that without problem. Probably best use will be indoors. They are easy to snap on and off and do not interfere with lights or anything.

I doubt I will use mine more than 5 times in the lifetime of the H but I have them should the Job arise ;) good on yours, i thought that kit covered up the lights

Those snap on guards are like playing with fire. From my experience they WILL come slightly unsnapped even without hitting anything and then you can watch and hear your prop getting eaten. At least with the H you will probably be able to land safely, but I find it ironic that the very thing that is supposed to save your prop is the thing that will destroy your prop. I never hit anything while using them but I would have to believe that as soon as they bump into something they will get knocked off into the prop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval