Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Patch

Reaction score
I'm new at it. Love the Typhoon H Plus

What is the square patch antenna all about?....Should I use it? When and why? What else do I need to know?
Ken
NC
USA

Good buy - it's a nice machine. The first thing to know is that almost any conceivable question you may have will probably have been already asked and answered here before, so site search is your friend. I know the patch has been discussed many many times previously. Click the little magnifying glass on the top right there and have a look for those posts if you want the detail, but in short that patch is a directional antenna, and the other one is omnidirectional. The patch will get you further if you keep yourself (and by extension the controller) vaguely pointed at the craft at all times, whereas the Omni works better in all directions, but with overall less distance.

The patch is also your 5.8gHz video connection. There are two independent WiFi systems on your controller/drone, the 2.4gHz system, and the 5.8gHz system.
The 2.4gHz system is drone flight control, and the manual gimbal direction controls.
The 5.8gHz (square patch) is the camera settings, and video downlink.
Do not operate the controller without all antennas installed. It can damage the transmitters.

What part of NC?
Yuneec Pilots Locations Map - Link and Process

@WTFoxtrot
Manual for the H+ if you already don't have one.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 14
The patch is also your 5.8gHz video connection. There are two independent WiFi systems on your controller/drone, the 2.4gHz system, and the 5.8gHz system.
The 2.4gHz system is drone flight control, and the manual gimbal direction controls.
The 5.8gHz (square patch) is the camera settings, and video downlink.
Do not operate the controller without all antennas installed. It can damage the transmitters.

What part of NC?
Yuneec Pilots Locations Map - Link and Process
Asheville

Good buy - it's a nice machine. The first thing to know is that almost any conceivable question you may have will probably have been already asked and answered here before, so site search is your friend. I know the patch has been discussed many many times previously. Click the little magnifying glass on the top right there and have a look for those posts if you want the detail, but in short that patch is a directional antenna, and the other one is omnidirectional. The patch will get you further if you keep yourself (and by extension the controller) vaguely pointed at the craft at all times, whereas the Omni works better in all directions, but with overall less distance.
Excellent answer
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123