Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

This could be a future error

• Thread starter Deleted member 6299
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6299

IMG_0704.JPG Looked at the inside of the battery compartment and found a issue that might be a future error with loss of power in flight. Look between the two batterypoles and you can se the rubbersealing not in a straight line over the electric board. I think this could be a problem, but how to fix? Take the H apart in molecules and glue the rubber with silicone or? This might be a problem for more than me I suppose?

Reactions: wedbster
IMG_0707.JPG IMG_0708.JPG IMG_0706.JPG I have now take it apart and found that it is the sealing for crash avoidance unit that disturbs the battery from going to fit nice. I will glue this with a small dot of silicone to prevent this future problem. Better be one step a head!

IMG_0711.JPG And now it's in one piece again. Will try when the silicone have dry out.

I'm interested in what you found, but I don't understand what you see in the pictures that is a problem.

If the rubber sealing around the obstacle avoidance unit is not sticking to the circuit board it probably could prevent the battery to go in to the bottom of the compartment and be locked. I say maybe it could be so. I've just found out that the sealing was loose and have now glued it in place with silicone again. This might be a problem for those who have a battery loss in flight?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Steve Carr
And now it's in one piece again. Will try when the silicone have dry out.

Thanks for your tip and good eyes ... same here, but I think it should be possible to fix it without opening the copter.

I don't know if this is allowed on the forum but I will copy/paste my post from the thread: H Battery Compartment since I believe it directly applies to this one:

What you are looking at is the rubber support of the ultrasonic sensors, it is not glued, it just sits in place.

The lower tabs are applying pressure to the bottom of the rubber, deforming the whole piece upwards, directly obstructing between the contacts and the battery**. This tabs are part of the lower air frame, if you sent your unit for repairs then it was improperly reassembled or could have been during manufacture.

The rubber itself is very soft to touch, and it could've been already deformed from the constant pinching, but perhaps it just needs a slight adjustment of the lower air frame to sit properly. (not very hard, requires to remove a total of 15 screws)

Sorry about messy layout of the next image but I just improvised :rolleyes:

Top left: The ultrasonic sensors with the the rubber support.
Top right: propper rubber seating (green line represents shape)
Bottom left: Your picture, showing incorrect seating (orange represents deformation, red arrows represent the upwards force from the tabs)
Bottom Right: Location of the tabs on the lower airframe

Rubber_support.png

Here's the same picture without the lines for more detail:

DSC_0075.png

Greetings!

**In your particular case it doesn't look like it's obstructing the contacts yet, but it might happen

Reactions: Steve Carr
To me it seems to be a week or poor contruction? It's made for problems you just don't want. I glued it with silicone and I will look after it so it won't give me future problems with battery loss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece