Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

This made me laugh

Thousands of Phantoms have done the same. It's one of the risks of flying with 4 motors. The app performs about the same function as the ST16. It simply stores the telemetry from the copter. You rarely see this kind of post on that web site because it's sponsored by DJI. They specialize in giving bad reviews to all competitors of DJI.

Hi Folks;

It's what happens to all of that stored telemetry that concerns me. Maybe I'm kidding myself, but I feel a lot better with my aircraft talking to the factory, rarely if ever.

Jim

Hi Folks;
It's what happens to all of that stored telemetry that concerns me. Maybe I'm kidding myself, but I feel a lot better with my aircraft talking to the factory, rarely if ever.
Jim
On Yuneec products the stored telemetry stays on the controller and can only be accessed by you. It's up to you if you wish to share it.
DJI is totally different. You have to download their app to fly and all the recorded data is stored in the app. It has been demonstrated that DJI can access that data, including pictures and video, if they so chose. That is the reason the DHS asked the US military to ban the use of DJI products on military installations.

Great explanation Steve. DJI seems to stay a little too attached to their products. I've seen a post or two on this site where pilots were talking about their inability to use a DJI product on a job because it was due for an update. It kind of makes one wonder about who really owns that aircraft.

Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis