Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Those that have the Pro I have a question?

Reaction score
I was fortunate that I was able to return my Typhoon H Advanced and have been thinking about the Pro. I have one question? Most you know that the Phantom 4 can fly indoors fairly well... Can the Typhoon Pro?

I don't see why not as it has the IPS module so it should fly near as stable as the P4. Just remember that both the Typhoon Pro/Adv and the P4 require a GPS lock for certain features. Indoors, no GPS lock, so items like Intel Realsense would not operate as per the outdoors operation.

Because GPS is not available indoors, both drones fly using internal sensors and position themselves by means of the IPS module.

I have an H Pro and have no interest flying it indoors unless it is inside a very large building. I had a Phantom 4 and had a mishap flying it indoors. If it starts to drift (and it did) you had better be prepared to stay on top of it or else it will run into a wall (LOL).

I have not yet tried it, but as CD said, that is what the new IPS is for, according to Yuneec. As my Pro approaches the ground, a red semi-circle appears on screen, showing height above ground. Seems to be some 10-12' sensing, could be more, I don't know.

I have not yet tried it, but as CD said, that is what the new IPS is for, according to Yuneec. As my Pro approaches the ground, a red semi-circle appears on screen, showing height above ground. Seems to be some 10-12' sensing, could be more, I don't know.

The IPS needs to see some contrast and detail in the floor below it to get a fix and hold a position. It will not be able to get a fix on something all the same color such as a concrete floor or large tiles with grout the same color as the tile, or the surface of water in a large indoor fountain.

The reason I ask is that there are a number areas that I want to be able to film that GPS is likely to be lost and I was hoping that the transition to using IPS would be both immediate and useful. I understand, based on what RBC said, that there is suitable contrast for it to get a fix and was hoping someone had experience with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval