Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tilted Horizon

Reaction score
So how can this be fixed. I have tried calibration compass , camera, accel. all on level service verified by a level.
the tilt is not consistent through yaw. it wil be good at one point the bad at other. you can see the 3 picture how the tilt is different with the rotation of the H.
This just about makes it useless. other than i can correct tilt in Photoshop but then cropping occurs.
Any real permanent solution?

Attachments

• YUN00143.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 55
  • YUN00137.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 42
  • YUN00177.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 37
  • YUN00208.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 37
If you hold the H when it is powered up, but no blades attached and not spinning, how does the gimbal seem to function?

Does the video look ok on the ST16 while it is sitting?

Check the dampers to make sure they are installed properly, and that the pins are in correctly.

Visually inspect the gimbal when it is sitting on a table to see that all parts are level when powered on.

Test the pan tilt while viewing it on the ST16 to see the results.

If it's all ok, it could be a motor on the gimbal that is not working properly.

Other than that, I have no more ideas.

Make sure you don't accidentally have team mode on in your camera menu. That can cause gimbal inconsistencies. Murray covered the rest.

Reactions: Niblett
I had this happen a couple of times when taking off in tall grass, where it may have affected the gimbal startup calibration. When starting on concrete or the lid, it's never happened.

Thanks for replys. I only take off from hard pack. No tall grass. Everything looks good on ground.
I think I have noticed it more on windy days.

Have you detached the camera and gimbal, checked the contacts, reinstalled? I also found one of my damper detached upon inspection.

Reactions: SkyDoctor
Hey dude. Ran into this thread while searching for solution to same problem with my Q500. Not sure if this applies to the H, but for Q500 there is a GUI software for PC, that has a camera gimble calibration function.

Hey dude. Ran into this thread while searching for solution to same problem with my Q500. Not sure if this applies to the H, but for Q500 there is a GUI software for PC, that has a camera gimble calibration function.
I don't need your stink ' n help..jk lol. [emoji4]
How's How's it going bud?

So how can this be fixed. I have tried calibration compass , camera, accel. all on level service verified by a level.
the tilt is not consistent through yaw. it wil be good at one point the bad at other. you can see the 3 picture how the tilt is different with the rotation of the H.
This just about makes it useless. other than i can correct tilt in Photoshop but then cropping occurs.
Any real permanent solution?
Hey,
I had the same problem a while back, got on the phone with Yuneec and they had me go into the ST-16, create a new model, and recalibrate everything. Problem solved. Not sure why that fixed it, but it did. I can't remember all the steps involved but I'm sure there's posts on it here, or others with better memories than I can tell you the steps to take. Good Luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic