Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

To Infinity and Beyond

Reaction score
I'm looking into extending the range of my Q and have been looking at the DBS mod by Itelite and I was curious if I could even gain more range by maybe hooking up the antennas (2.4 & 5.8) with the sunhans boosters. I tried to contact Carolina dronz who sells both products but no answer, not even setup for messages (they all might be at CES) I don't blame them. Does anybody have this antenna mod and can give me some feedback on your thoughts about this setup that I'm planning. Greatly appreciated. I guess I should have put this under the Help topics.

I'm looking into extending the range of my Q and have been looking at the DBS mod by Itelite and I was curious if I could even gain more range by maybe hooking up the antennas (2.4 & 5.8) with the sunhans boosters. I tried to contact Carolina dronz who sells both products but no answer, not even setup for messages (they all might be at CES) I don't blame them. Does anybody have this antenna mod and can give me some feedback on your thoughts about this setup that I'm planning. Greatly appreciated. I guess I should have put this under the Help topics.

I just purchased this range extender from Amazon:
Yuneec Q500 ULTIMATE Control & FPV Video Extended Range Signal 2 Booster Kit with Battery Pack

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XQ67QAM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I based my purchase on the customer feed-backs as well as the company CS. I did contact them (REXUAV.) even before my purchase and they were very responsive. I also watched their video clips in Youtube. I also did a lot of research and comparison and this is what I decided to get.

This is a bold move for me with my 1 month old Q500 4K but that is where the fun is, so they say. I'll find out soon enough. I'll try to post my results when I finish the mod.

Here are the features:
1- NEW for 2016 - 2W 5.8 GHz Sunhans mini-RC Wifi Booster
1- NEW for 2016- 3W 2.4 GHz Sunhans mini-RC Wifi Booster
1- Yuneec 5.8 Ghz Circular Polarized Helical Long Range Antenna
1- 2.4 Ghz High Gain Panel Antenna
1- 4800mAh Sunhans Dual Connector Battery Pack
**Controller Not Included

You can also attach a phone or tablet holder and download the app for the CG03, that way you have a second FPV dedicated for just the view. Now that the wifi signal is boosted with this mod, reception should be constant.

Hope this helps out...:)

Last edited:
Reactions: thewineguy
I just purchased this range extender from Amazon:
Yuneec Q500 ULTIMATE Control & FPV Video Extended Range Signal 2 Booster Kit with Battery Pack

Here is the link: Amazon.com: Yuneec Q500 ULTIMATE Control & FPV Video Extended Range Signal 2 Booster Kit with Battery Pack: Computers & Accessories

I based my purchase on the customer feed-backs as well as the company CS. I did contact them (REXUAV.) even before my purchase and they were very responsive. I also watched their video clips in Youtube. I also did a lot of research and comparison and this is what I decided to get.

This is a bold move for me with my 1 month old Q500 4K but that is where the fun is, so they say. I'll find out soon enough. I'll try to post my results when I finish the mod.

Here are the features:
1- NEW for 2016 - 2W 5.8 GHz Sunhans mini-RC Wifi Booster
1- NEW for 2016- 3W 2.4 GHz Sunhans mini-RC Wifi Booster
1- Yuneec 5.8 Ghz Circular Polarized Helical Long Range Antenna
1- 2.4 Ghz High Gain Panel Antenna
1- 4800mAh Sunhans Dual Connector Battery Pack
**Controller Not Included

You can also attach a phone or tablet holder and download the app for the CG03, that way you have a second FPV dedicated for just the view. Now that the wifi signal is boosted with this mod, reception should be constant.

Hope this helps out...:)
Roland you said this was a bold move for you; I say go for it. Because of Yuneecs simplicity in it's design on how to fly a drone (if you do it smartly) it's given you the confidence to take it to the next level of exploring what's out there to the drone world. And so am I; I just want to make sure I do it right the first time. I want thank you for taking the time and putting your research in to detail for me, I'm going to look it up right away. Thank God for Amazon.

Roland you said this was a bold move for you; I say go for it. Because of Yuneecs simplicity in it's design on how to fly a drone (if you do it smartly) it's given you the confidence to take it to the next level of exploring what's out there to the drone world. And so am I; I just want to make sure I do it right the first time. I want thank you for taking the time and putting your research in to detail for me, I'm going to look it up right away. Thank God for Amazon.

DITTO!
I think I'm going to get one too.
Thanks Roland!

I read with interest this post and look forward to considering Extended Range Signal 2 Booster Kit with Battery Pack, but first I have to get
my Q500 back from Yuneec. I have yet to have a successful flight to build from, then after my warranty is up I would purchase one and that’s
assuming it lasts the year. Thank goodness I still have my DJI Phantom 2 that has been running two years with no problems.

I read with interest this post and look forward to considering Extended Range Signal 2 Booster Kit with Battery Pack, but first I have to get
my Q500 back from Yuneec. I have yet to have a successful flight to build from, then after my warranty is up I would purchase one and that’s
assuming it lasts the year. Thank goodness I still have my DJI Phantom 2 that has been running two years with no problems.
Just curious what are the problems you're having with your Q500?

Just curious what are the problems you're having with your Q500?

Not exactly a problem, the stock props are plastic. I purchased the Aeronaut Fiber Carbon props and you can really notice and feel the difference. I tipped my bird once while attempting a precision landing on my helipad, the props would have been broken had I used the stock props.

I

I have two posts on this forum, [Bad first day] & [Great first Flights, then],basically my Drone spends more time in California than Ohio..:eek:)

After doing a little more research I've found not only the cheapest but also the best long range solution is not to buy one of these kits but to buy everything separately. When you look at a kit all it contains is two antennas and the necessary cables to connect the antennas to your controller . You can get everything for both the controller and your Q500 for a little over $100.00 and get equal or even better range than the kits. Here are the links and you can do the math for yourself. Sure you're going to have to pay for shipping, but still think it's cheaper than most of these kits I've seen.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01146MQHIpsc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UWD0EGpsc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

FPV Clover Leaf Omni-Directional Circular Polarized 5.8GHz Video Audio Antennas | RF Coaxial Cables, Adapters, Connectors, Antennas, router mod kits, ham radio products, Alfa and cellphone boosters

SALE - RP-SMA - 9 turn 5.8GHz Helical antenna, Circular Polarization - FPV UAV

High Gain Moxon Antenna 2.4Ghz - Best for FPV - RP-SMA

WiFi and RF Expert | For all your WiFi and RF needs in one place.

Here are the links that I've come up with. You may want to go to the sellers store for the two antennas off of ebay he has more selections for you to choose from. You have to be careful when choosing antennas; there is a science behind antennas; they all may look the same but they may not perform the same this guy seem to know what he's doing and his antennas have been tested. The cloverleaf antennas from wifi experts come three in the pack, also they can make you any custom cable that you need, also they sell the sunhans signal boosters the cheapest I've seen. So this is the route I'm going to take. Will keep you posted on the mod.

Sound's good BSHAKER, let us know how it goes,,,,,just for the record ..the ITELITE is only 100 bucks and looks nicer and neater than the others and you get all the RIGHT parts that you need included..... also . .. . make sure the clover leaf is LEFT hand polarized so it matches the cgo cp ant.!!
Lots of Q users have the ITELITE and seem to be very happy .......
. decisions decisions decisions......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me