Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

To update firmwear or not?

Reaction score
I am reading conflicting opinions on whether to update or not. Some are stating they have had issues after doing so which then require them to contact Yuneec. My Q500 is out of warranty, so anything via Yuneec will more than likely be out of pocket.

The reason for the updating is because my camera sets angled to the right. I have likewise read conflicting reports on this (don't you love the internet) that it can be adjusted and/or it has to be sent to Yuneec for adjustment. I did discover if I hold it level while it boots up, it then aligns properly. Once I turn the drone off it returns to leaning to one side. It's almost as if the camera is not weighted/balanced properly.

So will updating firmwear and/or a recalibration solve this issue or am I best just letting it be and self aligning it every time upon power up?

I don’t think the lean of the camera with the power off is an issue. I do think with the CGO3 rig on the 500 that the gimbal lock is important to leave on during storage. I have noticed mine starting out straight on the horizon but get some lean during flight especially post yaw against side winds. Booting your 500 on a level surface is always better for the camera and flight systems. I’d call Carolina Dronz and talk to them about possibly sending you camera in for a factory reset and gimbal calibration. They are very helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus