Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Toilet Bowl partial resolution

Yesterday believe I had a toilet bowl. See video of the last 2:20 minutes. Most say that I did not calibrate my bird before the flight so can not tell if it is an pilot error.

Reactions: Ana Rosa
Well at least your yaw is stable while its sitting still. .2 is acceptable for pitch.

Does it toilet bowl?[/QUOT
Some updates:

I hooked up the H to the Typhoon GUI via the USB cable.

I noticed 2 things are wrong.

#1 the pitch is off by 2.0 despite multiple accelerometer calibrations on a level surface.

#2 the yaw upon close observation is constantly varying in the clockwise circle at a rate of about 1 degree per 2 secs. (Which makes sense why is would t bowl the air)

The thing is registering rotations when it's perfectly still!!!!!

Can anyone with the new firmware and typhoon GUI hook up their typhoon and observe the yaw and pitch on a level surface and report back the readings.

I am going to figure this out. That little gyro in the center is probably the problem.

Yesterday believe I had a toilet bowl. See video of the last 2:20 minutes. Most say that I did not calibrate my bird before the flight so can not tell if it is an pilot error.

Your toilet bowl started exactly at 58 secs. Which is about right where mine starts. Next time disable gps and it will stabilize for landing purposes so you dont do physical damage.

Reactions: Rayray
Guys after the firmware update i get unstable flight after as little as 30 secs of staying in the same position. Ive read all the posts and it seems no real solution exists tomsolve it aside from tne manufacture replacing the electronic controls.

The first time the toilet bowl occured i did the obvious thing which is attempt to stabilize through the controls in Angle flight mode. It spiraled and bringing it down without a crash was impossbile. It was a thick grassy bed so it flipped as the landjng gear touched but no damage.

I read several threads and although no one has solved it despite compass calibrations facing north and accelerometer calibations on a level surface someone did suggest turning off the gps while in flight.

I tried it and its a Lifesaver. If your drone is toilet bowling out of control and your runnjng the new firmware on the st 16. Deactivate the gps and flight will become stable enough to land. It will drift a little due to wind but much more landable than a crazy spiral.

Now for those who dont have warrenty do you think replacing the gps board will solve the issue.

I am curious if its a bad board or if its firmware related.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Guys after the firmware update i get unstable flight after as little as 30 secs of staying in the same position. Ive read all the posts and it seems no real solution exists tomsolve it aside from tne manufacture replacing the electronic controls.

The first time the toilet bowl occured i did the obvious thing which is attempt to stabilize through the controls in Angle flight mode. It spiraled and bringing it down without a crash was impossbile. It was a thick grassy bed so it flipped as the landjng gear touched but no damage.

I read several threads and although no one has solved it despite compass calibrations facing north and accelerometer calibations on a level surface someone did suggest turning off the gps while in flight.

I tried it and its a Lifesaver. If your drone is toilet bowling out of control and your runnjng the new firmware on the st 16. Deactivate the gps and flight will become stable enough to land. It will drift a little due to wind but much more landable than a crazy spiral.

Now for those who dont have warrenty do you think replacing the gps board will solve the issue.

I am curious if its a bad board or if its firmware related.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Has anybody found out if it's the update that's causing the dunny effect, if it is I won't bother with the update.

Reactions: Ana Rosa
Has anybody found out if it's the update that's causing the dunny effect, if it is I won't bother with the update.

We will soon. I doubt it through I think it's a hardware issue. Yuneec would have fixed it quick if it was firmware. Think of the expense and all the dissatisfied customers that ship their product for repairs and get it back flying in circles weeks later.

What's interesting is that in all the repair threads for the issue there is not one single clear solution to such a common failure.

I bet there are little gremlins in the gyro!

FYI

As it attempts to set itself as a competitor to the very popular and advanced DJI Phantom 4 drones, Yuneec Typhoon H birds have had to endure a fair bit of scrutiny of their features and capabilities. And they have not held up well.

One of the most important considerations that pilots usually take into consideration in any DJI Phantom 4 comparison is the inertial measurement unit (IMU), a variable that is meaningless to most people but incredibly important to any drone pilot or reviewer. The IMU is what makes it possible for the Phantom 4 to wait with maximum stability for the commands of the pilot without moving under any conditions.

This is remarkable technology.

An IMU is a sensor that collects flight data. The data is then used to improve flight safety. The unit includes accelerometers and gyroscopes.

Accelerometers detect non-gravitational acceleration for every single one of the three axes of the drone, up/down, left/right, forward/back.

In turn, the gyroscopes measure orientation and rotation and do this within a 3D spinning wheel. In this wheel, each spin axis moves independently from the outer frame while magnetometers. In addition, magnetometers help calibrate against orientation drift.

The Phantom 4’s dual IMU system for built-in redundancy and optimal performance puts it at the forefront of UAV drone manufacturers. The IMU senses movement by measuring angular velocity and linear acceleration and can prevent undesired motion.

Basically, the IMU allows the Phantom 4 to counteract movements at the same force in the opposite direction, keeping it stationary.

Corrections are so swift that the naked eye often cannot detect them.

Other drones, including Yuneec birds, don’t have the same responsiveness, even such models as the Typhoon H that are branded as competitors to the Phantom 4.

At the end of the day, the DJI vs Yuneec comparison is not a real contest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430