Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Top accessories to have with the Q500+

Reaction score
What is the best accessories to have with the Q500+ and the Q5004k as an aerial photographer and as a hobby user. (E.G. an extra tablet for larger FPV view, monitor hood, landing pad, etc.)

I would like to start a list with the best place to find these things and prices.

Start with batteries...plenty of batteries. Just imagine a perfect day nice conditions and all you have is 30-40 min. of flight time which also equals to video time (assuming you have 2 batteries). Also I would say extra sd cards (already reformatted and empty)......Also (God forbid you don't need them) extra props. If you only have the set that's on your Q; bust one and you're done....As for me that's it...everything I just mentioned; to me is not an accessory, I consider them a necessity (never leave home without)...In my opinion I can do without what I call the bling bling accessories that serves no other purpose but to make the Q look good...I'd rather take that money and buy more batteries, maybe a better battery charger & a battery tester to keep your batteries up to par. When you have bad batteries the rest of the stuff won't matter anyways.

I personally recommend a Landing Pad, as it will help keep dirt and debris out of your Q's motors and other parts. You really would be surprised at how dirty the Motors become even when it isnt obvious you are taking off and landing in a dusty area. I use my landing pad all the time.

Reactions: greatbear1968
What is the best accessories to have with the Q500+ and the Q5004k as an aerial photographer and as a hobby user. (E.G. an extra tablet for larger FPV view, monitor hood, landing pad, etc.)

I would like to start a list with the best place to find these things and prices.
I don't think a larger tablet will hep you much as their wifi range is downright crippled compared to the ST10's.

Col.

I would recommend propeller guards in breezy situations. I live in Wyoming and twice now a perfect landing ended in a broken prop because a wind gust came up before blades shut down. At $7.50 a prop the $20 blade guards make sense.

A small spirit level. To keep the camera !evel in flight it must be level when the Q is turned on, so I find level on the round and put the front of the landing gear on either side of the level. Never need to level in post.

Reactions: Rcdunn
I would recommend propeller guards in breezy situations. I live in Wyoming and twice now a perfect landing ended in a broken prop because a wind gust came up before blades shut down. At $7.50 a prop the $20 blade guards make sense.
I bought blade guards and found out that not all blade guards are created equal. One bouncy landing and blade guards flopped up into the blades breaking a blade and trashing the guards. Any recommendations on guards would be welcome. Will check with Yuneec this time not ebay!

I've use 22mm pipe lagging to cover props for short journeys, so not having to remove props every time I put Q500+ in car..View attachment 375
Now that's thinking outside the box, plus one to you, I have some and just never thought of this, now if Yuneec made quick attach blades and adapters for q as they do for H

Some accessories I'm looking to buy is a cover for the start button, to often without looking I hit the start button instead of the camera button by mistake.
I don't think the prop guards will really do much. Windy days I hover and grab the typhoon. It takes a few times to get confident. I want to buy a tracker in the event I loose the aircraft.

Some accessories I'm looking to buy is a cover for the start button, to often without looking I hit the start button instead of the camera button by mistake.
I don't think the prop guards will really do much. Windy days I hover and grab the typhoon. It takes a few times to get confident. I want to buy a tracker in the event I loose the aircraft.
I lived in Southern NJ and used to fly 3D helis. 15 yrs ago there was plenty room to fly now all the open fields look like devepers have built on them. As for a tracker, I happen to be in a Best Buy and noticed these tiles that work with your phone I thought it could be a cheap way of locating (with new rules line of sight & all) prop guards, if they just snap on I don't think they would help much. The cover for the on/ off button, I put one on just in case, my drone fell from sky and because I've lost finger tip feeling I couldn't swear it wasn't me. $5 and some double stick automotive tape and your set. Yuneec lost my drone so they said they would send me a new one. One month and waiting. Good luck.

I lived in Southern NJ and used to fly 3D helis. 15 yrs ago there was plenty room to fly now all the open fields look like devepers have built on them. As for a tracker, I happen to be in a Best Buy and noticed these tiles that work with your phone I thought it could be a cheap way of locating (with new rules line of sight & all) prop guards, if they just snap on I don't think they would help much. The cover for the on/ off button, I put one on just in case, my drone fell from sky and because I've lost finger tip feeling I couldn't swear it wasn't me. $5 and some double stick automotive tape and your set. Yuneec lost my drone so they said they would send me a new one. One month and waiting. Good luck.
Buy the way, I'm all in for the back pack and using the 22m pipe insolation as Malcom did.

Gents, flying these aircraft means fixing these aircraft. Think like a surgeon. Consider tucking into that empty corner of your case: forceps (hobby store), a set of hook/probes (Lowe's), tiny screwdriver, really small Allen wrenches, electrical tape, a pair of channel-locks (for when the prop totally breaks and only the hub remains).

"Fly it. Risk it. Fix it. Fly it!"

Last edited:
Gents, flying these aircraft means fixing these aircraft. Think like a surgeon. Consider tucking into that empty corner of your case: forceps (hobby store), a set of hook/probes (Lowe's), tiny screwdriver, really small Allen wrenches, electrical tape, a pair of channel-locks (for when the prop totally breaks and only the hub remains).

One side-note. Non-flyers read these forums and judge us by our writing. Let me plead with you to note the following:

your: possessive form of "you"
you're: contraction of "you are"

there: a directive pronoun
their: possessive form of "they"
they're: contraction of "they are"

to: a preposition
too: synonym for "also" or for "excessive"
two: written form of "2"
In no way am I attempting to create something from nothing, but the lesson in the proper use of the English language is a bit much, and just as you mentioned having proper tools, my iPad, and iPhone have this little thing called auto correct, it cares less if two people have had too much to drink .
This is from what I've seen a place to share about drones. No offense intended, just my TWO cents. Enjoy your flights

Safety Flip Cover Cap For Toggle Switch
These are available in different colours.

A few more additions to a good drone case:
- Surgical clamps. (Surprisingly, modern clamps are use-once, just like syringes. Make friends with a doctor or nurse to get a few used ones, sterilize the bejeezus out of them, and they're perfect for fixing popped camera mounts)
- Spare battery door latch (I'm on my third one. A single hard landing breaks the little booger.)
- Light zip-ties (depending on the fracture pattern, these make field fixes to the body much more securely than tape)
- Leatherman SuperTool (for pretty much all other tasks, up to and including disarming a nuke, never go out flying without one in your pocket)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal