Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tornado H920 Flight Modes & other questions

Reaction score
Hello to all,

Been researching a drone setup for the past few months. To stay within my budget I think I have found what I am looking for in the H920 platform. Will some one give me some hands on real world experiences of what they like and dislike about the H920 along with over-all impressions.

1. Does it have something like to the DJI follow me mode?
2. does it have auto takeoff and landing?
3. is there a setting to override the default flight altitude of the return home feature?
4. What is the average range of the unit with video feed?
5. Can the GEO fence and FAA max altitude nanny be over ridden?
6. Are there any controller controls when using the Panasonic GH4 camera, Zoom, focus etc. during flight?
7. Is the unit a professional level ariel camera system, worth the cost?

My apologies for the less than stellar questions. There isn't very much information on the web concerning the H920 due to the fact that it's rather new.

Thank You

Highroller

Overall, I'm delighted with the performance of the H920. It's an extremely versatile unit but has some irksome little bugs that need to be ironed out as they release future updates. Biggest of them all is the SB24 glossy screen. In any type of daylight it's virtually unusable unless you pull a dark blanket over your head, which, from a safety POV is obviously not an option, but here's my tuppence worth to your Q's.

1. Yes
2. Only auto landing when the battery reaches a critical low level.
3. Not that I'm aware of.
4. See manual but after 400 metres I lose connectivity.
5. Yes, if you're a software techie but why bother?
6. Not via the SB24 but through a separate Wi-fi connection, yes.
7. Most definitely worth every cent. It looks stunning and flies beautifully.

Overall, I'm delighted with the performance of the H920. It's an extremely versatile unit but has some irksome little bugs that need to be ironed out as they release future updates. Biggest of them all is the SB24 glossy screen. In any type of daylight it's virtually unusable unless you pull a dark blanket over your head, which, from a safety POV is obviously not an option, but here's my tuppence worth to your Q's.

1. Yes
2. Only auto landing when the battery reaches a critical low level.
3. Not that I'm aware of.
4. See manual but after 400 metres I lose connectivity.
5. Yes, if you're a software techie but why bother?
6. Not via the SB24 but through a separate Wi-fi connection, yes.
7. Most definitely worth every cent. It looks stunning and flies beautifully.

Thank You for your answers, they are greatly appreciated.

It bugs me that your stuck with the 33m return home altitude. Seem to me to avoid all obstacles, it would be nice to set a minumum ceiling of a couple hundred feet, just to be safe. One other question I forgot about is Yuneec or others, making or plan to make an obstacle avoidance system for the H920?

Thank You for your answers, they are greatly appreciated.

It bugs me that your stuck with the 33m return home altitude. Seem to me to avoid all obstacles, it would be nice to set a minumum ceiling of a couple hundred feet, just to be safe. One other question I forgot about is Yuneec or others, making or plan to make an obstacle avoidance system for the H920?

They have OA built into the latest Typhoon H and that includes a 4K camera which I can't get with the H920 from a GH4 slung underneath. This is a royal pain but I'm tempted to buy the H but will wait on a few more reviews before doing so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval