Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tornado H920 Plus 2 Antennas on CGO4

Yuneec Newbe

ACCURATE & EFFECTIVE
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Good Morning,

I have seen pictures of the CGO4 camera with 2 antennas on the bottom of the camera body. I have 2 Tornado H 920's with ST16 Controllers. Are these antennas for better comm's to viedo input and out put?

Do you have a picture you refer to? I think what you mean is the LK58 Video transmitter. It has two antennas (mushroom antennas) that should be stand 90° to each other. This is called antenna diversity to have best coverage for transmitting video signal (5GHz WiFi). Video signal will only sent from camera to radio controller or another device.
Back channel is used to control the camera via the IR control of the cam.

br HE

Last edited:
I could be a CGO4 for a H920 version, not the H920+ version. The cams are different (two visible antennas).

This may have been a difference in the camera that I saw the 2 Antennas was a Lumix. When I put Yuneec H920+ in Google. The drone that comes up in Amazon from AceElectronix for sale. My Yuneec H920 Plus has a (Panasonic) CG04 Camers with no external Antenna??? I did not know that this drone had 2 differnt cameras offered. Some of problems that I have experenced with the drones that I have currently (Yuneec Typhoon Pro & The Tornado H920 Plus). When filming it will freeze or loose transmitting power or rectipion in certain distances from the ST16 controller. This in in the Rocky Mountains with no known interference or obstructions. I still have controll signal for the features of the operation of the drones. I also have seen the CG03 Camera on ad's. My question is I would like the best Drone and Antennas for the reception on the ST16 and The H920 Plus...

Only the original H920 had the LUMIX GH4 camera and the CGO4 was a bit different in the original H920.

The H920+ uses a CGO4 that differs from the one on the original H920. There is also an adapter to allow use of the CGO3+ camera.

Hopefully @Enrico Jorysch will chime in and help clear this up a bit in case I misquoted actual facts. He is the guru for things H920/920+.

The cams of the H920 and H920+ are mostly identical, except the wifi transfer; but both cams are modified LUMIX GH4 (another cases, without microphone and so on).
To get a better transmission of the video signal you can use better antennas for the ST16. I'm using an ITELITE DBS antenna (have a look at the attached picture).
Working perfect up to 800m-1000m.

Attachments

• 20220405_115445.jpg
    20220405_115445.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: DoomMeister
Thank you. I have the extender shown. I use it with my Typhoon. My curiosity was aroused when I saw the 2 antennas on the LUMIX GH4. My thoughts were that someone had modifed the CGO4 with the same antenna configuration of if this was even necessary??? If Mr. Wallaby is getting 800 to 1,000 meters while taking viedo that is far enough for most applications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval