Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Transport Canada email today

Reaction score
Transport Canada Drone management Portal

Yuneec International (China) Co., Ltd. Typhoon H

The manufacturer has indicated that this drone may be safely operated in the following situations:

• Controlled airspace - Operations in which the drone will fly within the airspace controlled by air traffic control (Class A-F)
Is this the start of something good? Stay tuned......

Reactions: DCH
Yes 2 of my H's are now approved by TC for controlled airspace - H520 and H480, I would assume that the HPlus is also, but cannot confirm....

It appears Yuneec has submitted the required Declaration to Transport Canada which certifies the aircraft can be safely operated in controlled airspace. Their web page has not been updated as yet to show this change.

I registered my tornado with the gov through the drone portal last week and received confirmation and the require UAV ID number, which i will carefully etch into the shell or an arm this week end..perhaps some suggestions for a place to etch the number or another type of labeling option...

I use a brother label with clear invisible tape over it. If you send it in for repairs they might send you back in a different drone. On a side not, I noticed when I checked the website that you can now update the serial number, so maybe if they send a different drone back, you do not need to re-register, just update the serial. That sound more fair than having to register again, for $5 each time. Intelligence from bureaucrats who would have thunk it!

Reactions: Steve Carr
I registered my tornado with the gov through the drone portal last week and received confirmation and the require UAV ID number, which i will carefully etch into the shell or an arm this week end..perhaps some suggestions for a place to etch the number or another type of labeling option...
Unfortunately, the Tornado 920+ is not legal for controlled airspace.

I use a brother label with clear invisible tape over it. If you send it in for repairs they might send you back in a different drone. On a side not, I noticed when I checked the website that you can now update the serial number, so maybe if they send a different drone back, you do not need to re-register, just update the serial. That sound more fair than having to register again, for $5 each time. Intelligence from bureaucrats who would have thunk it!
You can also put clear fingernail polish over the label. Label won't come off but you can still remove it if needed with polish remover.

Yuneec will not or cannot totally remove the NFZ from its program - I have asked them several times.... when I get the NFZ release license, and install it, it will fly in a NFZ, but is limited to a max of 20m AGL.
Oh wow. I was not aware of that. That sounds similar to the recreational NFZ firmware for the H.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval