Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tripod mount for ST16

Reaction score
Picked up this tripod mount last week and used it on Sunday : Hoodman - ST16, ST16S Tripod Mount

I really like having the controller on the tripod. Very relaxed flying with essentially just having thumbs on sticks and not worrying about holding the controller. No weight on me, no balance issues, no cord issues with the googles.

Attachments

• ST16-Tripod-1.jpg
    ST16-Tripod-1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 116
  • ST16-Tripod-2.jpg
    ST16-Tripod-2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 114
Picked up this tripod mount last week and used it on Sunday : Hoodman - ST16, ST16S Tripod Mount

I really like having the controller on the tripod. Very relaxed flying with essentially just having thumbs on sticks and not worrying about holding the controller. No weight on me, no balance issues, no cord issues with the googles.

Off topic, but is that lighthouse, Pigeon Point in Pescadero. It looks like it could be, and it’s a beautiful area regardless.

@Wingnutz
Yes it is. Same place in the early 80's I had guns and knives in my face (being off topic as it is). Looking for new beaches to explore.

That’s awesome. My first thought was it was Santa Cruz, then quickly realized there was way to much beach for that. It’s been awhile since I’ve been up there. Guess I’ve gotten complacent living so close to Santa Cruz. That and the daily commute over to Silicon Valley makes taking a drive, not as much fun as it used to be. A beautiful day and a beautiful place from your picture. Oh and your spotter in that picture, priceless.

Reactions: Windluv
Isn’t it a state park? I was about to fly there, when I got my first drone and the park ranger gave me an earful.

I still visit the coast line from time to time, but I only fly inside Cemex and across the street, when I’m inspecting the plant.

I would like to take my son flying around there one day.

Isn’t it a state park? I was about to fly there, when I got my first drone and the park ranger gave me an earful.

I still visit the coast line from time to time, but I only fly inside Cemex and across the street, when I’m inspecting the plant.

I would like to take my son flying around there one day.

Looking at Maps, this beach area looks to be open access. The lighthouse area and south of this open area are designated parks.

Yes, open area about 1/4 mile to the north of the parking. I was about 1/2 mile up. At the parking and south you are in the state park. I have gone over the maps extensively. That was the purpose of the exploring to start finding beaches north of Santa Cruz that are flyable. There are a handful along the way to there, including the Davenport beach you have been at @record.play.rewind ; but I try to find essentially empty locations with some good cliff or rock formations. I also tend to fly at sunrise when all the beaches or empty, or at sunset when all are full.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
Getting back on topic...
Is that a standard tripod that would be used for a camera mounted to the base of the ST-16? In other words, would any good quality camera tripod work?
Also, what is that extra "stuff" in the pictures on your ST-16? Looks like you have joystick grips and something attached to the antenna connections that I have never seen before.
Would love to know about them.

I just went to the link at Vertigo Drones and it says it is out of stock. Now I know that the tripod mount is an accessory for the ST-16 and not just a tripod...

I just went to the link at Vertigo Drones and it says it is out of stock. Now I know that the tripod mount is an accessory for the ST-16 and not just a tripod...
yes, standard tripod. The tripod mount will probably work for the ST16 better then the ST16Plus, but it suffices. There is a flange on the mount meant to hook onto the handle of the ST16, and the handles are different between the two, but it still holds tightly. You may to see if there is a suction cup tripod mount. Using the controller on the tripod is bliss. Much more relaxed.

The joystick covers can be found at carolinadrones.com.

The antenna is the Intelite DBS Max Range. I can show photos of the difference between the two Intelite antennae. Jury still out between the two.

Curious as to why you have headphones?

BTW, what itelite antenna is that, it looks HUGE compared to most of theirs for yuneec.

I like the tripod mounting idea, issue with a grab and run thief ??

Thx for info !!

@CrashALot

'Max Range'

Maximum Extended Range Antenna Kit for Yuneec ST16

Photos show them compared.

The large MR definitely has better 2.4g range; not sure of the video. At the time I got this the ST16s starting having 5.8g video pixilation on the feed for all my antennas. H Plus is currently being checked by Yuneec for this issue.

Attachments

• itelite_mr.jpg
    itelite_mr.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • itelite_small.jpg
    itelite_small.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • itelite-compare.jpg
    itelite-compare.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
With regards to the tripod mount, it does not fit the ST16s that well; I love the tripod. However, I am currently looking for and would recommend a different mount, possibly a strong suction cup.

the pics are great ! did you measure the pads, are they approx 2" and 4" in size ? if not then they are not 1 wavelength in size which is surprising.

have wondered exactly their pcb configs inside, and they charge $109 and up for these ??!

i conjecture that the 4/8 for the 5.8ghz must help make it more directional and should help some.

i do dislike their specs 'power' as it is 'gain', NO antenna has 'power' only amps do !

an antenna can have a power spec but that would be 'how much power can it handle before it MELTS' !

btw, did you take the cover off yourself, for what reason, and thx for doing so !!

@CrashALot

'Max Range'

Maximum Extended Range Antenna Kit for Yuneec ST16

Photos show them compared.

The large MR definitely has better 2.4g range; not sure of the video. At the time I got this the ST16s starting having 5.8g video pixilation on the feed for all my antennas. H Plus is currently being checked by Yuneec for this issue.

Last edited:
I LOVE this idea but. . . I think my H520 is the ST16S which you're saying isn't an ideal fit? Dang . . .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
costimarcos