Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Trouble with camera connecting to ST16

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Help' started by coolcooch, Nov 24, 2017.

1. coolcooch

Last time I had my Typhoon H out the first battery I had no trouble with the connection between camera and the ST16, the second battery on the same day the camera did not connect with the ST16 until I had landed. Since I am not a techie I have no idea what to do, I did the only thing I could, and that was to take the camera off the drone thinking it might be a bad connection, that is about the extent of my knowledge. Anyone that might give me a idea what might be the problem would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. BobW55

BobW55 Moderator
    Staff Member

Remove the camera.
    Check the contacts on both the camera and the aircraft.
    Sometimes the contacts get pushed down and do not connect.
    Use a hobby knife and gently pry up on the ones that look pressed down.

3. FlushVision

I experienced a failure of my camera to connect on power up last Sunday. This rarely happens (usually when the aircraft is cold) but when it does, a power cycle usually puts things right.

More of a problem (to EU firmware H480s) is the loss of the camera feed which sometimes happens when the landing gear is raised after take-off. The camera re-connects after a minute but by that time all the settings you've done to get good video prior to take-off have gone. This is an issue because unless you land again to set the balances with a card in front of the camera, etc, you have to do it in the air which sometimes leads to a less than perfect camera set up.

4. coolcooch

Thanks...much appreciated

5. coolcooch

Thanks...I'll give it a try, I did remove the camera,but never looked to see if any of the contacts were out of place...

6. coolcooch

Thanks for your reply's...needing all the help I can get since I'm technological challenged