Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Troubles after new firmware

Reaction score
Couple of days ago I received Typhoon H PRO version (with RealSense) EU version.
Yestarday I only started ST16 and typhoon H to see how things are working and everything seems to be fine, telemetry is received , camera working ok.

I haven't done GPS calibration, Accelerometer and gimbal yet.

Today I downloaded firmware for the ST16 , this new firmware available for download and succesfully uploaded to the ST16. But after this upgrade ST16 not wanted to connect to the camera or aircraft. Ok so i switched off both and again ON. Now after while camera finally showed picture on the screen but there is no telemetry data from the aircraft. Nevertheless ST16 is showing Typhoon H version firmware. But when I go to Bind screen it is showing that aircraft is not connected. So I figure that maybe I need to do Typhoon H firmware upgrade so I did and it went successfuly too, ST16 showing new firmware on the aircraft but again, there is no connection to the aircraft at all, only camera showing video feed but is not controlable.

Any advice what am I doing wrong after upgrades ?

Couple of days ago I received Typhoon H PRO version (with RealSense) EU version.
Yestarday I only started ST16 and typhoon H to see how things are working and everything seems to be fine, telemetry is received , camera working ok.

I haven't done GPS calibration, Accelerometer and gimbal yet.

Today I downloaded firmware for the ST16 , this new firmware available for download and succesfully uploaded to the ST16. But after this upgrade ST16 not wanted to connect to the camera or aircraft. Ok so i switched off both and again ON. Now after while camera finally showed picture on the screen but there is no telemetry data from the aircraft. Nevertheless ST16 is showing Typhoon H version firmware. But when I go to Bind screen it is showing that aircraft is not connected. So I figure that maybe I need to do Typhoon H firmware upgrade so I did and it went successfuly too, ST16 showing new firmware on the aircraft but again, there is no connection to the aircraft at all, only camera showing video feed but is not controlable.

Any advice what am I doing wrong after upgrades ?

See this - No voltage on battery blinking BLUE LED

Last edited:
Many thanks guys. Will look into it today and hopefully fix this.

Unfortunatelly this is not working for me. I followed these instructions but aircraft will not go to bind.
First time I tried it started to blink orange , but in a second went again to blue. Afterwards no luck for orange no matter how many times I tried.
Several times off/on for the ST16 and Typhoon H and nothing. Several times I again created this new model like instruction said, nothing.

Any ideas ? Should I try to re-do upgrade ?

Didn't I read that this firmware was specifically for the H Advanced and to NOT install it on the Pro? Granted, it shouldn't matter for a bind, but you never know. Unfortunately, I don't know where to tell you to go to get the proper FW for the H Pro to replace it.

On official sites nothing is saying that this firmware is for advanced or pro version.
I tried to connect aircraft to the PC GUI but it will not connect. Only flashing blue.
I can bind camera but no other controls.

I don't know how but I finally manage to get aircraft into binding mode, after like 20 trying to lean aircraft like it is showed in the video. Now seems all fine.
In what order to proceed with calibrations ? I haven't done any as this is brand new aircraft.

I don't know how but I finally manage to get aircraft into binding mode, after like 20 trying to lean aircraft like it is showed in the video. Now seems all fine.
In what order to proceed with calibrations ? I haven't done any as this is brand new aircraft.
Hi dxer, well done for fixing it. After firmware I always do the accelerometer and gimble . Be sure to have it on a dead level surface though. I use a spirit level on the legs to be sure. After that, take it out and do the compass. Hope that helps.

Ok about the gimbal calibration, but for accelerometer I need to go out and hover, which means flying. As I haven't done compas calibration is it safe to do accelerometer hovering flight ?

Ok about the gimbal calibration, but for accelerometer I need to go out and hover, which means flying. As I haven't done compas calibration is it safe to do accelerometer hovering flight ?
Oh crikey no.... You need a flat floor or surface and the H not flying at all! Search youtube for this, there is an excellent video on there that will show you. Compass calibration videos are also on there.

Then what are they talking about in the manual ?:

ACCELEROMETER CALIBRATION
STEP 1) Place the TYPHOON H on a level and stable surface. Switch on
the ST16 Ground Station and the aircraft and wait till the RC and WiFi
connected.
STEP 2) Make sure the FLIGHT MODE switch is in the middle position.
Tap the GPS Calibration button, switch off GPS and choose 'ACCELEROMETER'.
STPE 3) When the main LED indicator blinks red , green and blue
slowly, hold the motor start/stop button to start the motor, then the
main LED indicator will blink red, green and blue rapidly. Push the
throttle joystick gently above the middle position to take off the
aircraft. Meanwhile, keep the aircraft hovering manually
until the main
LED indica tor blink s r ed, gr een and blue slowly again.
STEP 4) Landing the aircraft and hold the motor start/stop button to
stop the motors, the copter will restart automatically. You will recognize
the this when you he ar the r aising tone.

Goodness knows. I have never read that, nor would I like to try it either. Let me see if I can find the vid for you.

Ok, I already find it, thanks for that anyway......but this is confusing as you see what manual says. Now I don't know what to trust in manual what not !

Ok, I already find it, thanks for that anyway......but this is confusing as you see what manual says. Now I don't know what to trust in manual what not !
It is all confusing, but the thing needs to be perfectly level and still in order to calibrate the accelerometer. As in the video. This is how I do it and I have absolutely no problems with my h.

Ok, hopefully I will do my maiden flight in next hour or so. Fingers crossed :)

Ray,
I do not recall reading that you have to do any of those things either.
Level Surface, point towards North, rotate along the arms that are lit up 1-3 times (most of mine were2)
Place back on level surface when done, power Off/On the H and you were good to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval