Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Truth or Dare

Doesn't seem the modular concept is flying very well. It's all going into the pro. I think that was the price point originally.
We have theH1 and for lots more money they get the upgraded model.

Wait for a few mins there will be two or three apologist along to tell us that data rate means nothing and we bought a toy...
I don't know anything about Data rate, but you did buy a toy.

Happy?

I'd say give them a little time. This thing has only been on general release for what, a month and a half? It takes time to find and fix things in software issues. How happy would you be if there was a firmware update every couple days, or once a week?

Mechanical issues - even longer when you find a bad lot of 5k parts are now in circulation - especially if it's a high cost part. First you have to find out if it's your mfg issue, or a contracted vendor issue. If it is a vendor issue, that could take months if not years to resolve, meanwhile Yuneec is out of pocket for replacement parts on what the vendor screwed up.

hi
not to offend any one .
i don't have or will i ever order a new H , i do have a 4K Q purchased when it first came out , before that a Blade 350 QX that fly's great , no camera but a good beginner quad , now every one that's buys or orders a new H is not satisfied with one thing or the another , or maybe these are just a small few people that are having problems but on this and other forms all we read is bad reviews , the camera sucks , the landing gear not working properly , not holding and drifting or asking how to eliminate safe mode or wanting to add a device to drop a payload but for the average person that's wants to take a few videos and just fly , have a good time and play by the rules , DJI , yuneec or any other quad or hex manufacturer are low than the price of a new H or two . the one thing i don't like about the H from reading a lot of post's is the battery , you have to use the stock charger because of the connector but sooner or later someone will make an adapter for charging the battery with an after mart charger . Yuneec should have given a second battery with the purchases of a new H , 25 minutes ( if that long ) in the air then return home wait 2 hr's to charge the battery then return to where you can fly now that a truth that's real bad . when you buy a few new batteries would you trust the stock charger ?
fly safe

It's working well so far. If you want real sense buy the pro, if you bought H and want it added buy it when it becomes available as add on. If you don't want it buy the standard H. Hopefully a flair camera or new camera next year will be available and we don't need to buy a new hex to go with it.
Doesn't seem the modular concept is flying very well. It's all going into the pro. I think that was the price point originally.
We have theH1 and for lots more money they get the upgraded model.

Pulled out the box my H came in and really looked at the printing on itView attachment 1594

While I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, I m not the dullest either.
Best flight time I have gotten is 19 minutes and that was doing full hover, with lights blinking and the ST-16 screaming at me to land, yet the box states up to 25 minutes?
States I should be able to get 1 mile of range. At 3000 to about 3200 feet down range, and 200 feet altitude I start loosing video down link, and telemetry flickers in and out, this is with a 100 % line of site flight. I probably could have gotten video back if I pointed the camera towards me, the antenna is below the lens.
(I thought a mile was 5280 feet) Glad I run a Better antenna for control signals.

for the camera: Yuneec originally posted that it could do 100MB data transfer,
now look what they have posted:
award_winning_icons.png

Hmmm where did the other 40MB go??

Some specs stated that the camera lens would have a 96 degree field of view. The lens they ended up using is closer to 115 degrees. and is not 100 % in focus across the entire frame. (Many post on this go read em)

The manual is dismal, some crashes happened due to lack of reading the manual, some were due to missing information.
Yes there have been some (in my opinion) bad GPS boards causing some flyaways.
Yes there have been some pilot error crashes, I broke 2 props, but it was my own fault.

There has been no firmware updates to solve some of the shortcomings many people have posted. Reading in other forums this seems to apply to all Yuneec products. The Tornado guys complain about the RTH height being too low as well.
Now it sounds like you need to ship everything back and possibly pay more to get things right.

I am sure we all paid about the same amount for beloved Typhoon H, I just want what I paid for in the first place.

I personally DO NOT blame my dealer, or any other dealer out there, they were told the same stuff we were.
Probably our only salvation would be for them to band together and refuse Yuneec products till Yuneec gets their act together.

Right now all Yuneec seems to care is that they got MY money and YOURS too.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Then there some of us that are not having the problems, mines been flawless, I have t been out a mile with the stock antenna but I've gotten 3500+ with no signal problems? I did eventually put a DBS on because of the heavy timber and valleys I daily fly requires a time to time out of los guaranteed signal. Now my flight times I haven't timed, I will time them and give an honest acessment after the weekend. Camera issues I can't say,for I didn't buy the H for photography,just property surveillance. So MBS don't apply, Rth is fine as with my other Yuneecs, never a need for firmware. This has been the easiest machine to setup,Callabrate and fly I've ever owned, just slap a Marco-Polo on and she's set.

hi
not to offend any one .
i don't have or will i ever order a new H , i do have a 4K Q purchased when it first came out , before that a Blade 350 QX that fly's great , no camera but a good beginner quad , now every one that's buys or orders a new H is not satisfied with one thing or the another , or maybe these are just a small few people that are having problems but on this and other forms all we read is bad reviews , the camera sucks , the landing gear not working properly , not holding and drifting or asking how to eliminate safe mode or wanting to add a device to drop a payload but for the average person that's wants to take a few videos and just fly , have a good time and play by the rules , DJI , yuneec or any other quad or hex manufacturer are low than the price of a new H or two . the one thing i don't like about the H from reading a lot of post's is the battery , you have to use the stock charger because of the connector but sooner or later someone will make an adapter for charging the battery with an after mart charger . Yuneec should have given a second battery with the purchases of a new H , 25 minutes ( if that long ) in the air then return home wait 2 hr's to charge the battery then return to where you can fly now that a truth that's real bad . when you buy a few new batteries would you trust the stock charger ?
fly safe
It doesn't take 2 hours, and yes on the internet most posts are negative,even here. Most of us got good machines and when your happy and satisfied,why spend your time on a forum. Un satisfied people need a place to vent and learn fixes to their problem. If you were to go around and count all the unhappy H owners versus Hs sold,I bet the unhappy are a small number. My H has been a dream,all I can say.

Reactions: horizontal
It doesn't take 2 hours, and yes on the internet most posts are negative,even here. Most of us got good machines and when your happy and satisfied,why spend your time on a forum. Un satisfied people need a place to vent and learn fixes to their problem. If you were to go around and count all the unhappy H owners versus Hs sold,I bet the unhappy are a small number. My H has been a dream,all I can say.
hi
how long dose it take to fully charge an H battery that is in storage mode with the stock Yuneec charger , like i posted i don't have a new H or will i buy one i'm more than happy with my 4K Q and outer quad's i fly . i read on this site or another sites that it take's almost two hr's to charge the new battery in an H because at the time i read the post , no one has made a after mart adapter for charging the H battery with an after mart charger . one of the reason most people keep coming back is not that they are unhappy they need help and most of the time they will receive the help they need . this site has some great people that will go out of there way to help people with problems . people vent because they spend there hard earned money for a product that dose not perform as described and you really can't blame them because in the add's they read tells them how it's easy and great to fly with no problems ,on the other hand i know some people don't read the manual or understand what's going on and will buy an advance H and just want to take it out of the box and fly . you can learn a lot from reading the post on this site you may even help some one that needs help with a problem you had and solved .
fly safe

1.25 hrs.to reach full charge which is what I have read a lot of us have experienced. Perhaps I don't bring the battery down as far as some, but I have read others like Drone Clone have said the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval