Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TUESDAY ARRIVAL

Which will you be doing?

• Total voters
Reaction score
My H+ will be here on Tuesday 6/26 per UPS got mine directly from YUNEEC USA.

I will post an unboxing videos in English lol and some flights on my channel iDRONE uDRONE...I say in English because I see a lot of clips in German, French, Spanish etc etc...stay tuned.

Don't bother with the unboxing... we know what comes in there... what is needed is, yes a video in English... but just as much, since we have very little so far, PHOTOS! Particularly, pairs of both JPG and DNGs... as well as notations of the specific settings, (color balance choice, shutter speed, any filters, etc.)

Most importantly, for everyone is baseline photos only, please... these initial shots should show the camera's characteristics... not necessarily an individual's post-production skills... or if you put up a magnificent final piece, please at least put up the unedited version you started with as well.

Many thanks for your efforts in advance!

If you do choose to share video we'd appreciate 4K video or HD at the least and including all the camera settings and time of day. This helps in the assessing the capabilities.

Good luck and have fun!!!

Waiting for Yuneec to call me back about ordering a test unit. I want to know about their return policy before spending the money on another multirotor.

Reactions: FasterPastor
Waiting for Yuneec to call me back about ordering a test unit. I want to know about their return policy before spending the money on another multirotor.
Very interested in the outcome
It would be in their best interest

We’ll see how this unfolds if one of their marketing personnel get back to me later but the CS individual I just spoke with stated he “thinks” it’s a 7 day policy based upon an unused condition if purchased directly from Yuneec. Usually such a policy means if a box was opened it became used product.

If correct, I can understand but not agree with it as a policy like that makes it impossible for a buyer to assess performance and function without recourse other than repair, and if repair or correction turned out to be impossible you’d be stuck with it as is. Some state consumer regulations might take precedence over that though.

One item learned in the conversation is there is a high probability of a firmware update coming mid July. What it will encompass is unknown.

We’ll see how this unfolds if one of their marketing personnel get back to me later but the CS individual I just spoke with stated he “thinks” it’s a 7 day policy based upon an unused condition if purchased directly from Yuneec. Usually such a policy means if a box was opened it became
If correct, I can understand but not agree with it as a policy like that makes it impossible for a buyer to assess performance and function without recourse other than repair, and if repair or correction turned out to be impossible you’d be stuck with it as is. Some state consumer regulations might take precedence over that though.

One item learned in the conversation is there is a high probability of a firmware update coming mid July. What it will encompass is unknown.
7 days is kinda short unless you have a ton of free time on your hands
I’m pretty sure even bestbuy gives you 15 days on a drone return
Hope it works out

7 days is kinda short unless you have a ton of free time on your hands
I’m pretty sure even bestbuy gives you 15 days on a drone return
Hope it works out

Timeframe is moot if only opening box /charging battery / running maiden flight / reviewing output is considered so much use, as to invalidate a return... could you imagine having to buy a car without being able to test drive? And certainly when the company has a return customer who is an experienced pilot... (so at least they know he won't instantaneously crash it).

Reactions: biltno
The problem with the seven day for pretty much the eastern side of the US is; it takes about seven days from California to here - one way. I weighed the option of purchasing from Yuneec and waiting seven days, then the thought of having to box and reship PLUS the possibility of damage in either of those two trips vs - Paying the extra 130 bucks tax to buy from Best Buy which; I would at least have recourse to return directly to a local store. So, @Eagle's Eye Video - the Waiting - is the hardest part. ;)

Timeframe is moot if only opening box /charging battery / running maiden flight / reviewing output is considered so much use, as to invalidate a return... could you imagine having to buy a car without being able to test drive? And certainly when the company has a return customer who is an experienced pilot... (so at least they know he won't instantaneously crash it).
Can you test drive your new car before taking ownership? In the UK, you test drive a demonstrator model but you don't get to test your new car prior to delivery/handover.

The time period usually becomes effective from the date you take possession. 7 days for me is plenty as time is something I have a lot of with no significant weather issues for quite some time. It will be sunny and hot for the next couple months. If it gets windy, so much the better.

I can’t speak for everywhere in the US but my wife and I were able to drive any car on the dealer’s lot while we were selecting her new Toyota Highlander. We’ve had a relationship with the dealership for over 15 years but I don’t think that factored into test driving.

BTW we’re very happy with the new Highlander and the dealership.

Can you test drive your new car before taking ownership? In the UK, you test drive a demonstrator model but you don't get to test your new car prior to delivery/handover.

At least the way I see it, the proposed concept of getting a "pre-release" H+ in the hands of someone like @PatR is more in line with him getting one of these units to act as a "Consumer Reports" type of reviewer, more than a typical retail transaction. He has the reputation to act as both an unbiased reviewer... (and anyone on this board for more than a few weeks can quickly read that @PatR never pulls punches) as well as an influencer. He's not even asking for one for free... just more flexibility in returning... and owning 2 480s and a 920, it not as if he has not already demonstrated a willingness to invest in Yuneec platforms.

and, @Ty Pilot only until it's Free Fallin'... :p

Last edited:
I can’t speak for everywhere in the US but my wife and I were able to drive any car on the dealer’s lot while we were selecting her new Toyota Highlander. We’ve had a relationship with the dealership for over 15 years but I don’t think that factored into test driving.

Surely the dealer doesn't hold stock of every colour and every option? Here in the UK, you can buy the demonstrator car if you like it (at a discount as it has several hundred miles on the clock) but if you order a new car it gets shipped in according to your specification - and it is yours before you drive it. Obviously a used car lot is a different kettle of fish.

I’m in the auto business and repeat customers can take vehicles for 3 days

I’m in the auto business and repeat customers can take vehicles for 3 days

That’s interesting to hear. We were replacing her old 2002 Highlander and liked the new one so much it was a no brainer for us. We just needed a 30 min test drive. The dealer gave us a reasonable deal.

The problem with the seven day for pretty much the eastern side of the US is; it takes about seven days from California to here - one way. I weighed the option of purchasing from Yuneec and waiting seven days, then the thought of having to box and reship PLUS the possibility of damage in either of those two trips vs - Paying the extra 130 bucks tax to buy from Best Buy which; I would at least have recourse to return directly to a local store. So, @Eagle's Eye Video - the Waiting - is the hardest part. ;)
Kp
That’s interesting to hear. We were replacing her old 2002 Highlander and liked the new one so much it was a no brainer for us. We just needed a 30 min test drive. The dealer gave us a reasonable deal.
toyota builds a great vehicle esp Highlander
The customers who prefer to have a new vehicle longer than the normal road tests usually do an overnight road test rather than the 3 day

At least, the way I see the proposed concept of getting an "pre-release" H+ in the hands of someone like @PatR is more in line with him getting one of these units to act as a "Consumer Reports" type of reviewer, more than a typical retail transaction. He has the reputation to act as both an unbiased reviewer... (and anyone on this board for more than a few weeks can quickly read that @PatR never pulls punches)
as well as an influencer. He's not even asking for one for free... just more flexibility in returning... and owning 2 480s and a 920, it not as if he has not already demonstrated a willingness to invest in Yuneec platforms.

and, @Ty Pilot only until it's Free Fallin'... :p
Agree with that. Some of the people with YouTube channels seem to get freebies so maybe PatR would too if he started something like PatR's Serious About Drones channel?

Reactions: biltno
Agree with that. Some of the people with YouTube channels seem to get freebies so maybe PatR would too if he started something like PatR's Serious About Drones channel?

Thought about that but every time I did I knew that being given free products would, sooner or later, impact the reviews. I used to do reviews for fixed wing RC products and quickly learned that providing a bad review or one containing more than inconsequential negatives ended any chance of future reviews for that brand. When I bought the stuff I could say whatever was appropriate without getting cut off.

If we pay attention to YouTube product reviews we’ll see the same conditions still apply. Those that buy the products always tell us more than those that don’t. Those receiving free products say nothing but great things about their freebies, and those that focus on a specific brand always use competing products in negative comparison. They are as predictable as a rattlesnake.

Sidebar:
Many years ago there was a manufacturer of giant scale 3d fixed wing planes named Wild Hare R/C that advertised at RC Universe. It was the largest and most successful RC forum during that time. Using the pseudonym Sulversurfer I was able to buy pre-release versions of their products and test them. The web name later was changed to tired old man due to a name copyright conflict. With only a couple exceptions they were really good flyers and the reviews, along with set up instructions, caused most of them to be sold out on pre order before they left China. The ones that got bad or neutral reviews didn’t do as well, and yes, I did hear about that from the maker, but improvements in design usually handled the problems.

Sidebar 2:
A couple years later while on UAV business in Texas I got to spend some time with Wild Hare’s owners. Super people that really cared about the product and customers.

Manufacturers give stuff away to reviewers in order to maximize product sales through positives. The reviewer becomes obligated to the manufacturer to present positives and minimize negatives. The world gets to see the new product through rose colored glasses, not through unbiased reality.

As for pulling punches, in a word; never. Truth is the strongest virtue a man can have. It establishes the foundation for all the others. To withhold information in order to alter perception is in itself a lie.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval