Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H User(created) Manual

Well done all. I don't see that the Home Base shows a percentage of battery life. How can you tell if it's 50%?

I specifically asked Yuneec Tech Support about this and they advised me not to boot up H first. I don't know the reason but it may have to do with how the H communicates with the ST16 and vice versa.

8. Always remember to turn ST16 "ON" first, then Typhoon H after ST16 has booted up, And reverse these steps when turning off.

Umm, you do know that reverse of this procedure is alot faster to link up right? Turn on Typhoon H, after beep (about 2 seconds after pressing power button) turn on ST16, everything will sync up much faster than if you turn on the ST16 first....
I specifically asked Yuneec Tech Support about this and they advised me not to boot up H first. I don't know the reason but it may have to do with how the H communicates with the ST16 and vice versa.

This may be an addition to #10 when instructing to remove the gimbal cover and you can decide if it is worth adding some verbage at the end of the last sentence.

The Yuneec rep told me not to start up the H with the gimbal cover attached for the reason that the sensors in the camera may burnout. Those of you with more knowledge of cameras may feel this is valid or bogus, but I had never thought about it previously when just checking the light status or other aspects of the H.

Wonder did he mean the servos and not sensors.
If they are trapped and not able to move the camera they might burn out.
Can't imagine camera sensor burning out because its in the dark..
Thought about tying a small red ribbon out of the cover like a pitot tube cover warning...

8. Always remember to turn ST16 "ON" first, then Typhoon H after ST16 has booted up, And reverse these steps when turning off.

Umm, you do know that reverse of this procedure is alot faster to link up right? Turn on Typhoon H, after beep (about 2 seconds after pressing power button) turn on ST16, everything will sync up much faster than if you turn on the ST16 first....
Umm, you do know it is against what Yuneec tells you to do and others that have tried it, have had their H fly okay once or twice and them Whamo ! Off it goes!, It's a expensive price to pay ! ;)

DroneClone, thats silly, because you have to do this to bind your wizard and it doesn't start up the motors and lift off without an ST16 or WIZARD bound to it!

DroneClone, thats silly, because you have to do this to bind your wizard and it doesn't start up the motors and lift off without an ST16 or WIZARD bound to it!
What the **** are you talking about?, You make no mention of what I said that was "Silly" and it must have been posted ions ago, because I see nothing in here that is silly ! We were talking about a standard start up procedure of starting the transmitter and then H(recommended by Yuneec) and how some have tried doing this in reverse and it helping it to boot up faster, which a few on hear have tried, only to take off and start to fly, only to fly erratically, unsteady and even crash ! If you read the whole thread maybe you would not think I am so silly! Nothing at all about being bound or not ! Or that your H will take off with the H on and Wizard/ ST16 off,
I WAS TALKING ABOUT AFTER TAKE OFF !, Please understand things and read the whole book, before you call a man silly !;)

Those might of taken off before having adequate GPS or a smart/return home switch set. The 40+ times I've started my Typhoon first ST16 second I've never had an issue. I don't have the ST16 in smart or return to home mode which could account for those flyways

Those must have taken off before had adequate GPS because the 40+ times I've started mine Typhoon first ST16 second I've never had an issue. I don't have the ST16 in smart or return to home mode which could account for those flyways
If it works for you great !!!, but don't call me silly, for telling others of complaints of issues of people having problems doing that. I had a friend who one of the first testers, and after several good flights, his flew erratically, was the reverse start up the cause? perhaps, perhaps not, but he chose not to gamble with it ! It's you choice, but other have a right to hear possible issues, before trying themselves!
Fly safely !
By the way, he was a very experienced Pilot and was not in Smart Mode and had plenty of GPS , FYI

I flew down to 14.3v and go no on screen or vibration warning on the ST-16.

Do I need to turn that on somewhere?

Thanks for the cool check list. I've printed a copy and added it to my TH manual.

by the way, I've got two completely successful flights on my TH! Thanks for all the tips on this Forum!

Mojoe35

Reactions: DroneClone
Make Sure to do Accelerometer and IMU calibrations on a table, bench or counter top that is tested level! Do not do on the ground or while in the air!

Anyone else notice that the V1.3 Manual states to do the accelerometer calibration taking off from a level surface and hovering in the AIR?

Anyone notice it went bye, bye again? probably for editing again for error of information corrections? :rolleyes:
Was surprised that it didn't come with a proper manual. Can't imagine someone picking this up from BestBuy with no prior RC experience, reading the quick start guide and being successful with it...disaster waiting to happen IMHO.

1.1.3 Manual has/will be pulled for corrections as for example the Accelerometer calibration part of hovering or taking craft up is wrong and should not be done! and other things!

The 1.3 manual still doesn't have correct Compass Calibration lights. When successful it blinks purple/white or green/white depending on flight mode you're in. Manual says solid purple or green.
Also, manual says when finished status indicators will blink continuously. Mine were all solid. Which is correct?

The 1.3 manual still doesn't have correct Compass Calibration lights. When successful it blinks purple/white or green/white depending on flight mode you're in. Manual says solid purple or green.
Also, manual says when finished status indicators will blink continuously. Mine were all solid. Which is correct?
They pulled, or are supposed to pull the 1.1.3 manual for editing correction per Yuneec USA

Reactions: rsa
The recommendation is to remove the gimbal cover prior to turning on the H. Makes sense. What about when you do a Compass Calibration? I would think it doesn't do the gimbal any good to be spinning the H around like that. What do you think?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval