Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TV screen/ monitor with tripod to ST-16

I've tried searching this entire forum with no results.

I'm trying to find if anyone has a tripod with a TV or some kind of monitor attached to it, to where you can use the HDMI port on the ST-16 to show a live output while flying. Something like this:

Flat Panel TV Tripod Portable Foldable TV Stand with Mount for 32"-55" TVs | eBay

My question are: if you have something like this how are you powering the TV/monitor? What TV or monitor did you go with? What tripod or stand did you purchase?

I plan on using this setup for search and rescue missions through work. There was someone on Instagram that had a setup like I'm wanting to do but they never responded to me...
I also use a FeelWorld 13 inch connected with 15meters HDMI. Works great and 15m keeps the customer away from me... :)

Reactions: PatR and rdonson
Another issue with a low res output stream is camera focus. If using an adjustable focal length lens, adjustable focus high res camera, using a lower resolution output makes accurate focus of the lens impossible. That’s why aerial videographers pushed hard for and obtained 1080p as a minimum output years ago.

It’s one of the major deficiencies encountered by people changing lenses on their CGO-3’s. Connecting their ST-16 to a monitor leaves them trying to adjust lens focus with an image that remains “fuzzy” no matter what they do. The larger the monitor the worse it gets.
@PatR I did the lens hack to the Peau 3.97. It looks great! If you know what you are doing the change out is not that difficult. We were able to focus it no prob. I did a test with no color correction at 1080p. Edges are good and the Peau is a definite improvement over the stock CGO3+ lens. Here is a link to the test. Typhoon H480 Peau 3.97 Lens upgrade

The 10" 4K is available on B&H

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin