Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon 4k issues

Reaction score
Two issues. One. Since brand new I noticed that the drone will not TURN while traveling forward. IT banks slightly and just slides with hardly any change in direction. It will YAW fine with that control and all other flight parameters appear to be normail. Any ideas for this newbie?
Second issue. After working normally I noticed that my camera would not TILT. IT streams video ok. The light on the camera is flashing green. Will not go to steady green. Just the other day it tested normal?
Tried resetting the camera, remove and reset, etc. Still no response to tilt command and only flashing green. Does same thin on the Steady Grip. Help?? Forgot to mention that the unable to get camera to tilt issue seemed to happen after we did a Mag calibration!

To your first complaint, have you tried using both sticks for a directional change or are you using just one? A correctly input direction change is performed using coordinated inputs using both roll and yaw. The Chroma, Q500, H and T4k accomplishes this very well in any camera mode. If in Smart mode there is no change in yaw unless you provide yaw input.

To your second complaint, have you calibrated the gimbal correctly, or at all?

Reactions: SirJohn99
Also, open Hardware Monitor and check all your sticks and controls to see if they respond fully and smoothly.

I was just using the right stick to try to turn. Was not aware that I had to use the left ( yaw ) stick also. As for the Gimbal it worked normaly right out of the box. After doing a Mag Calibration it stopped working. I reset the camera in the transmitter. Is there another procedure I can try? Thanks for the comments!!

@wings First, where are you from. Need to know what flight mode your transmitter is in. I will Assume you are in the USA and flying in Angle Mode (Purple Light).

If you are flying with the nose facing out away from you and you push the right stick to the right then the bird will slide to the right. It does not really turn the camera in that direction. That is controlled with the Left Stick (Yaw). The left stick will turn the camera by yawing the bird. As stated a proper turn is usually accomplished with both left and right stick input in a coordinated smooth move.

Because I have been a Pilot most of my life I just assumed that the right stick did it all. When I saw that the bird was just sliding
left and not turning the thought did surface briefly that how is the drone controlling the rudder for the turn but never thought to use the left yaw control to do that. I had never read that and in the manual all it says is go fly and use the controls to see how they work! Lesson learned. Thanks!!

To your first complaint, have you tried using both sticks for a directional change or are you using just one? A correctly input direction change is performed using coordinated inputs using both roll and yaw. The Chroma, Q500, H and T4k accomplishes this very well in any camera mode. If in Smart mode there is no change in yaw unless you provide yaw input.

To your second complaint, have you calibrated the gimbal correctly, or at all?

I just connected the Gui and did a camera calibration. Results are still the same. Light on the camera goes to solid green but you can see that the camera is still tilted somewhat and the in flight video shows the gimbal is not working. Any other ideas. Also I noticed that this camera is $550 in a couple of different web sites. Is that possible when the whole drone as $799?

Aerodynamiclly speaking the reason we need a rudder in an airplane is to overcome adverse aileron yaw. However in a Drone or a helicopter its a whole different thing. No aileron but a tail rotor on the copter to counter the rotating mass of the main rotor. This Drone
flying is interesting for sure.l Thanks for the reply.

I just connected the Gui and did a camera calibration. Results are still the same. Light on the camera goes to solid green but you can see that the camera is still tilted somewhat and the in flight video shows the gimbal is not working. Any other ideas. Also I noticed that this camera is $550 in a couple of different web sites. Is that possible when the whole drone as $799?

When you turn the power on for the bird you are leaving it on a nice level surface. The camera has to initialize which takes maybe 20 seconds and while that is going on the bird needs to be level. If not then the camera/gimbal will be tilted some. This is just one solution. There have been documented reports of the camera/gimbal having a problem with the tilt. Make sure it is on a level surface when you start it up. You can move it after it initializes if you need to for takeoff.

Thanks. I always start on a level surface. Any idea where to buy a new cam for less than the $550 I see quoted?

Thanks. I always start on a level surface. Any idea where to buy a new cam for less than the $550 I see quoted?
Is this a new bird? Does the camera still not tilt with the control? Is the camera connected to the Q500 with a wire or is it using the contacts on the gimbal for power and tilt?

Is this a new bird? Does the camera still not tilt with the control? Is the camera connected to the Q500 with a wire or is it using the contacts on the gimbal for power and tilt?

New bird. Camera just stopped tilting. Did previously. Connects with a wire.

@wings no need to buy another. Call Yunnec. It should be covered under warranty. I have seen others that had this problem get theirs repaired.

Called Yuneec and they want me to send Camera back to them for something called a Themal Calibration. They said it can only be done in house. Does anyone know what that is??

New bird. Camera just stopped tilting. Did previously. Connects with a wire.
Check the camera tilt slider using Hardware Monitor and see if it is moving properly. Compare it to the Rabbit-Turtle slider.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie