Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H 4k Lense Filters that Fit

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have an H with the 4k Cam on it and I want to know exactly what lenses or lens filters we can use and will work on our cams. I realize there are already kits of lenses specifically for the H like the Freewell and PolarPro, but I'm wondering if anyone has any pics of exactly how the lenses connect to the camera and if anyone has modified the camera housing in any way as to be able to adapt another lens to it. I'm wondering because even though whenever you look up, for example, the ND2-ND400 variable lens it says they are out of stock on any site you find them at because they were discontinued but I found a site that had some in stock but not exactly positive that it will perfectly fit onto the stock camera body the first try but we will see. Plus just like most of you have already seen, people have 3D printed a Petal-type sun shade camera lens shade which is as the first part says is made for the DJI but I bought one any way and am going to find a way to make it work.

Because I want to do all the custom mounting of the lense, filters & shades, I went ahead and bought and extra camera case for only $9.99 that way I can have the best of both worlds.

Umm, all the H's have a 4k cam on them. The fit of after market filters is precisely as it is with the glass filter that comes on the camera. All the filters are larger in diameter but use the same mounting ring. Any of the ND filters significantly reduce lens flaring when shooting up sun, and manage to eliminate propeller shadowing as well. Few lenses will avoid lens flaring when shooting directly into the sun. Ziess do it too.

Hi Tom c, I had a complete selection of filters for my Q500 4k & G such as ND 4, 8, 16, 32 and Graduated filters which fit perfectly on the "H" 4k camera.
A big additional benefit for me in buying the Typhoon H is for this reason that I already had a complete range of filters and they work as good on the H as the Q500 camera.
I mainly bought from two companies FREE WELL and POLAR PRO they have of great quality filters.
I am based in Sydney Australia and we get many, many days of extreme clear bright Sunny Blue sky days so these filters are very beneficial for me.
The filter I use on the day will depend on what I am filming and the time of day.
Cheers, JV

I know almost nil about photography but I just bought a set of 3 different filters from Polar Pro on Amazon for $50. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CG62PQW/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hope it's worth it. A question came to mind just now RE this purchase: Is this redundant to the camera settings (sunny, cloudy, etc.) on the ST-16 controller?

The filters are absolutely not redundant, regardless of the sky settings. Using those alone will leave you with many less than satisfactory images and videos. Take a little time to explore what you can do with the filters under different lighting conditions and sky settings. With a very little amount of time invested I think you'll be pleased with the results.

Photography is an interesting thing. You can't read about it on the internet and suddenly be an over night success. You have to also do a lot of "hand's on" to put what you read into practice and refinement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for the feedback Pat. I'm oredered these last night and they're ready for pickup at Best Buy today ($32.99 plus tax, a 30% savings, preciate you pointing me to this).

Does anyone have a ND32 filter they want to part with?
Free is great! But a reasonable offer will be accepted.
?

25414 / USA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval