Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Battery Comparison

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any
Comparison Tests
On
Power Xtra vs GiFi
Batteries Compared ?
I would like to purchase a
Battery.
Thanks Keith Kuhn

IMHO the Xtra's are better, not a comparison test.
GiFi are cheaper construction, comparing the latch, spring, & weight of plastic.

Has anyone seen any
Comparison Tests
On
Power Xtra vs GiFi
Batteries Compared ?
Battery.
Thanks Keith Kuhn

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Th

Thank You
Your comparison and
price differences along
with weights of the batteries. Great Chart
Keith Kuhn

Th

Thank You
Your comparison and
price differences along
with weights of the batteries. Great Chart
Keith Kuhn
HI Keith,
That comparison chart was done in Sept 2017, most of those batteries don't exist anymore. Generally the heavier the battery the better it will perform. The main thing to do is treat the battery correctly and that is never let it go to first warning if possible , land at 14.7 volts and when finished let them cool down and then put them in storage mode and DON'T USE THE SUPPLIED BATTERY CHARGER. I also every 10 charges , even using an Eve-peak after market charger and cables, I do a balance on each battery with a turnigy lipo battery balancer. I am still using my originals with an IR total of between 10 and 13 for all of my 9 batteries. I tried gifi 7000mah but no good (swelled ) I now have 2 gifi 8050 mah which are good and Ultrax 6300mah very good and the remaining 5 are originals. All get about the same flight times on all of my inspection jobs, when finished they are cooled down in a fan forced storage wrack for when I get home then that night put on storage mode (if no jobs next day) or charged for next days jobs. Batteries and props are the life blood and insurance policy of your machine. In Australia , as a licensed Pilot you have to keep a log book of all batteries and what you do with them. CASA do random checks of these books, that is why I have been very particular with all of mine. Hope this helps with your question Keith. John Hennessy ( Johnno)
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

HI Keith,
That comparison chart was done in Sept 2017, most of those batteries don't exist anymore. Generally the heavier the battery the better it will perform. The main thing to do is treat the battery correctly and that is never let it go to first warning if possible , land at 14.7 volts and when finished let them cool down and then put them in storage mode and DON'T USE THE SUPPLIED BATTERY CHARGER. I also every 10 charges , even using an Eve-peak after market charger and cables, I do a balance on each battery with a turnigy lipo battery balancer. I am still using my originals with an IR total of between 10 and 13 for all of my 9 batteries. I tried gifi 7000mah but no good (swelled ) I now have 2 gifi 8050 mah which are good and Ultrax 6300mah very good and the remaining 5 are originals. All get about the same flight times on all of my inspection jobs, when finished they are cooled down in a fan forced storage wrack for when I get home then that night put on storage mode (if no jobs next day) or charged for next days jobs. Batteries and props are the life blood and insurance policy of your machine. In Australia , as a licensed Pilot you have to keep a log book of all batteries and what you do with them. CASA do random checks of these books, that is why I have been very particular with all of mine. Hope this helps with your question Keith. John Hennessy ( Johnno)
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Thanks John for the in depth answer. My new charger
Is on the way.
HTRC - T240 touchscreen
I agree with all you stated.
Keith Kuhn

You need to do an extensive search on the forum to give you more of an idea.
For as many people have had a problem with GiFi and other 3rd party ones have had success with them.
Ultrax, powerextra I've still seen on eBay, varies by region, also Bonocell, Cameron Sino and a brand X, I suspect a lot are made at the same factory, one major problem is storage at a warehouse, people are getting " new old stock" the batteries best performance has gone, and higher IR figures usually a problem too. I did watch a YouTube where the ultrax battery being lighter gave longer flight time than a Power 4.
It's a minefield, and requires some research.

I think you’ll find that most batteries for the H provide similar flight times, with differences of only a couple minutes between them. The big differences are in price and how long they remain useful.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any
Comparison Tests
On
Power Xtra vs GiFi
Batteries Compared ?
Battery.
Thanks Keith Kuhn
Well, here's a real test from 2 years ago, only OEM vs Powerxtra. But from what I can see, Powerextra no longer makes H batteries. Two tests, hover until is self lands (which interestingly enough gives the fabled 22 minutes flight time) and full power to 300' over and over until battery warning. We need someone to do a similar test on current batteries.

How are you getting on with it?

Has anyone seen any
Comparison Tests
On
Power Xtra vs GiFi
Batteries Compared ?
Battery.
Thanks Keith Kuhn

Great info.
My two original batteries swelled and are no longer in the game. The Typhoon H does not fly well with NO batteries!!
What would you do if you were me? Purchase which ones? After reading above, I am also wondering if I need something other than the original charger.
Ken
Western NC

Great info.
My two original batteries swelled and are no longer in the game. The Typhoon H does not fly well with NO batteries!!
What would you do if you were me? Purchase which ones? After reading above, I am also wondering if I need something other than the original charger.
Ken
Western NC
Its 99% what you do to them after you've bought them. A strict battery care regime has to be used, the original battery charger is pretty much junk, you need to get a 3rd party charger, you need to know more whats going on with the battery, its balance, amount of charge, internal resistance etc, it needs to be put in storage charge after a flight and not stored at full charge for long periods of time, or allowed to drain to too far, damage will occur. But this information has been discussed hundreds of times, so sorry for repeating it.

Great info.
Ken
Western NC
I just purchased a
HTRC t240 - Balancing
and maintaining your
Batteries is of the utmost
Importance
Keith Kuhn

We need someone to do a similar test on current batteries.

No, we don’t. Anyone that desires comparison tests should just spend a bunch of money buying different batteries. Don’t put it iff on someone else, just go for it. Once you’ve spent all the money and wasted a bunch of time you will almost assuredly conclude no one battery was consistently better.

We simply have to accept that 6300mA batteries will provide relatively similar flight times across different brands. The reason for this is due to lithium battery chemistry and the fact the manufacturing shops are all using the cheapest methods possible to manufacture batteries. Toss in that a brand name means little or nothing. One battery design can be fitted with whatever label a seller wants put on it. A brand label battery could have been made by any of the makers currently manufacturing.

We don’t see things change in this regard unless and until we step up to much higher priced batteries. These are typically sold by companies that maintain tight control of product quality, something that just isn’t done with budget priced consumer products.

As Yuneec isn’t doing much to service the H-480 battery supply, buy what is available and accept what time they provide. Nothing you obtain is going to provide significantly more flight time than anything else. The battery’s life cycle will largely be determined by how you treat them. The better you treat them the longer they will last. But they won’t, and can’t, last forever. The lithium chemistry assures a finite life span.

IMHO the Xtra's are better, not a comparison test.
GiFi are cheaper construction, comparing the latch, spring, & weight of plastic.
@davemh and I flew together yesterday and he showed me the difference in the latch, spring, and door of the GiFi compared to the OEM and Venom Xtra batteries. The latch tension is about half as strong on the GiFi using finger pressure to depress the latch. On the favorable side the GiFi has very good flight time.

@davemh and I flew together yesterday and he showed me the difference in the latch, spring, and door of the GiFi compared to the OEM and Venom Xtra batteries. The latch tension is about half as strong on the GiFi using finger pressure to depress the latch. On the favorable side the GiFi has very good flight time.

Hmmm
Very interesting.
The Latch

Gaffer tape for peace of mind, just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold