Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H battery comparing chart

Reaction score
A question I am often asked "Which brand battery is good for my Typhoon H drone?",

Therefore, I make a comparing chart just to give you professional purchase advice, as below: (All of them have been tried)

comparing.png
Entry Link:
Morpilot: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y5MHWRZ/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_5_w
Powerextra: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y5MHWRZ/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_2_w
Ultrax: Ultrax 6300mAh 14.8v 4S replacement lipo battery for Yuneec Typhoon H drone RC Hexacopter

Hope can help you.

Update: As you see above chart, All of them are up to 22 mins flight times but under no-load state (Although no comparison metering the value of velocity, temperature, wind speed etc.).

Appreciate the info, as it clearly shows the UltraX as the best financial value. Unfortunately you are using the
same conditions that the battery manufacturers use in their flight time claims. What would be so much more
valuable would be real world conditions. To test it without the camera both attached and running does not from
give an accurate assessment of the entire flight system with all components engaged. This bird is designed as
a camera platform for video and photos. What percentage of time does an average pilot fly without the camera?

The flight time is with camera. Ultrax battery for Tattu, half the price of the factory/name brand batteries.

So by a no load state, you mean it was in a hover for 22 minutes? That is also far from the normal flight conditions
that would be encountered. Of course there is no standard flight or weather conditions, but even just your usual
flight with the camera being operated as designed, under reasonable flight characteristics for quality smooth video,
would be a much more accurate assessment of the system as a whole.

FWIW, I have 3 of the UltraX's and I am so far happy with their performance. However having just gotten the H
back from repairs, it's only been 2 cycles... no complaints so far... seem to perform as well as OEM, :)

Last edited:
with the 8 ultrax I have. I get 20 min to 21 min about every flight.I have over 40 flights with them and the telemetry files to back that up

A question I am often asked "Which brand battery is good for my Typhoon H drone?",

Therefore, I make a comparing chart just to give you professional purchase advice, as below: (All of them have been tried)

View attachment 7199
Entry Link:
Morpilot: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y5MHWRZ/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_5_w
Powerextra: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y5MHWRZ/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_2_w
Ultrax: Ultrax 6300mAh 14.8v 4S replacement lipo battery for Yuneec Typhoon H drone RC Hexacopter

Hope can help you.
No it doesn't help anyone and I don't understand all the talk about "UP TO!" It's totally irrelevant, talk about real flight time with cam/video ON: I have, as you may know by now, tested the https://yuneecpilots.com/threads/gifi-8050ma-flight-time.9556/ and this battery is far better than the three you mention here As a commercial H flyer I would gladly pay 50% more to get 30minutes real flight time.
Best from Sweden.

Last edited:
I just purchased two of the Ultrax batteries and I'm pleased so far. 1st cycle produced a 16 minute flight time with camera and RS in moderately agressive flight conditions.

I just purchased two of the Ultrax batteries and I'm pleased so far. 1st cycle produced a 16 minute flight time with camera and RS in moderately agressive flight conditions.
Hi BeeRAD56, are you really satisfied with 16minutes flght time when YUN520 says it could be "up tp" 22minutes?

Thanks BeeRAD, that is also comparable to the max flight times I have seen, on average with the OEM batteries, and more recently
with the UltraX's...

Yun520 and Betty may have financial ties to Ultrax, based on their past posts.

Delete "may"...

Last edited:
Yun520 and Betty may have financial ties to Ultrax, based on their past posts.

Agree, delete the word "may". Betty is one of the internet names used when you get a PM from Tattu requesting you post battery availability.

Some comments on batteries and flight times. First off I'd like to say I don't personally know anyone that has obtained advertised flight time from any consumer system. Everyone has always obtained less than advertised. For those new to multirotor stuff I can understand if they become a bit irritated. Best guess from my side is that all manufacturers are more concerned about selling as much product as they can than they are about honesty in advertising. If there was even one test flight under extremely controlled conditions where they generated the advertised flight time they would not be lying if they used that time in their advertising. They would be very disingenuous though. Some makers may actually flat out lie. Personally, I became used to it and look at an advertised flight time and automatically cut it in half to estimate what real world flying will allow. Perhaps it's similar to the old mileage statements that were placarded in new car windows. used to be to obtain that level of mileage you had to be rolling downhill in neutral with the engine off and have a tail wind. Government has forced a change in how those numbers are obtained and they are now closer to reality but we don't have any such truth in advertising controls on multirotor manufacturers. They can pretty much say whatever they want and the only thing that can be done about it is factor it into a purchase decision.

As for the battery brands and milliamp ratings themselves there are a few things to consider. Batteries of the same chemistry, the same capacity, and very similar weights will produce similar flight times under similar flight conditions unless there is a significant difference in C rating. Bear in mind that higher C ratings progressively increase battery weight with the increase in C rating. The lower C rating generally provides more flight time as long as high discharge rates are not imposed on the system. High discharge rates can deplete a low C rating battery quickly, and could, if the demand was high enough, place more of a demand on a battery that it had ability to provide. In such a condition the system could enter a "brown out" state and fall out of the sky with a freshly charged battery. Batteries with larger amp ratings (more capacity) will generally provide more flight time, but not as much as one might anticipate if they weigh more than smaller batteries. Bear in mind that a battery only a few hundred mA larger than another battery will not produce significantly more flight time. The stock Yuneec battery is labeled as a 5400mA battery while the Ultrax is labeled as a 6300mA battery. Weights are about the same, as are the flight times you will obtain from them under similar circumstances. This has been proven many times over and we might assume that Yuneec has mislabeled the capacity of their batteries, something they admitted to doing with Chroma and Q batteries previously. So lets assume the stock and UltraX batteries are essentially the same. We might also assume the Morpilot and Powerextra 6300mA batteries are also very similar except in weight, with the Powerextra being considerably heavier that the others, which suggests it may be of a higher C rating. It's possible they may be of a higher C rating that would justify slightly higher pricing but with the exception of the Powerextra the weights suggest to the contrary. We should also consider makers want to make the most profit at the lowest production cost I doubt they are of a higher C rating. Looking at the capacities and weights we should not expect to see a significant difference in flight times, with the exception being the stock Yuneec battery. If it was truly a 5400mA battery we would expect to obtain several minutes less flight time than with the others on the list. That is not how it is though.

As for actual flight times, I've only used stock and UltraX batteries so I don't have comparative experience with the others. I do know that flight times between the stock and UltraX batteries are very similar under the same flight conditions. The times and milliamp input to re-charge using the same charger and charge rate is very close to the same between the brands and labeled capacities when they start out at the same voltage levels. This is what suggests, to me, the Yuneec battery has once again been mislabeled for reasons known only to the manufacturer. As for flight time itself, I question anyone that states they obtained 20 minutes "flight time" with either of them. If they actually obtained that amount of time my guess is a large portion of it was spent with the aircraft powered up sitting on the ground before arming the motors and they didn't do much "flying". Admittedly I fly fairly aggressively but the most flight time I've been able to obtain from either brand has been around 14 minutes. To do that I had to run the battery down to 14.3 volt, a level I don't consider "safe". Using 14.8V to 14.6V as a landing voltage the flights times range from 6 to 11 minutes depending on how the H's were being flown and the amount of wind encountered. I have since started using 14.4V as a landing voltage as numerous charge cycles with both battery brands have established the batteries have not been depleted past the 60%-70% level at 14.4V under load.

All the above brings us back to anticipated flight times. Previous experience taught me never to believe advertised flight time, while actual use of this system has established I should plan flights around a "safe" flight time estimate of ~7 minutes, under average conditions. Using the voltage monitor allows the user to obtain the most flight time from each battery, and limiting how they fly can add a little more time. Because of the higher capacity the GiFi would logically provide more flight time. How much is totally influenced by several factors, all of which are under the control of the user. Those conditions are what makes estimating "true" flight time for everyone impossible to achieve. Everyone flies differently, conditions vary widely, how the camera is used impacts battery life, lights on or off, GPS on or off, etc. Those are reasons we might use a very conservative time value in our flight planning, while using displayed battery voltage instead of time to adjust the flight time right or left during the mission as appropriate

On a side note, manufacturers could permit their customers to save a lot of money and obtain better flight times if they did away with the "smart" batteries and proprietary battery cases and connections. Anyone can by very good batteries with better flight times if they could use lipo's of standard design that employ EC-5 or equal connectors. You can buy those all day long for $30.00-$40.00. The fancy case thing is only about being able to charge more for a battery by eliminating end user choice in where their batteries are obtained. However, it has been demonstrated many times over that people brand new to multirotors and lipo's don't have a clue about what's involved with lipo battery care and many of them become pretty upset when they learn that doing things right requires purchasing a better charger and reading up on battery chemistries, charge and discharge practices, and general care of a lipo. Almost a Catch 22 for manufacturer's of consumer drones where you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. One thing that I think we'll find some consistency is with is advertised flight times. Whatever is advertised will be more than what we will actually obtain when we fly. We can accept that fact or become angry, but the situation isn't going to change any time soon.

Last edited:
Hi BeeRAD56, are you really satisfied with 16minutes flght time when YUN520 says it could be "up tp" 22minutes?
Yes, I'm quite satisfied.

My 4 OEM batteries which have roughly 50 cyles each are down to 10 -12 minutes. I should add that I don't push them to the ragged edge and generally land at 14.5 v. And the price I paid for 2 Ultrax was $93.40 with free shipping is a great value in my opinion.

That said, I've learned that the manufacture's advertised flight times are optimistic at best.

****, Pat.. now I gotta take a nap...:)

No it doesn't help anyone and I don't understand all the talk about "UP TO!" It's totally irrelevant, talk about real flight time with cam/video ON: I have, as you may know by now, tested the https://yuneecpilots.com/threads/gifi-8050ma-flight-time.9556/ and this battery is far better than the three you mention here As a commercial H flyer I would gladly pay 50% more to get 30minutes real flight time.
Best from Sweden.
I would like to see a video with real time results for proof. I'm in if that is true.

Call them cheap knock-offs if you will, but since the time claims across the board are equally inflated
(including Yuneec OEM), you can remove that parameter from the equation. The UltraX replacement
batteries are still the best value price wise.

Will need to wait and see if they give as many cycles as OEM. Now that I have a better charger and the
proper meter for monitoring, I expect my UltraX's to outlast and perform equally to the batteries they
replaced, at a lower cost. That's all I can reasonably ask for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss