Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H battery

After roughly 6 weeks since I received this Power 4 battery I was finally in a position to fly it this morning.

It performed well.

I needed to delay take-off a few minutes while I waited for some people to walk clear of my Area Of Operations so take off was at 16.6v. In the air having a 'normal' kind of flight (no hover test) for 12 minutes and 6 seconds landing at 14.7v. This in temperature of 3c. I wanted to fly it longer down to 14.4v but had to land because some people entered my Area Of Operation again. As a rough comparison I also flew my Gifi8050 in similar conditions where that one was in the air for 12 minutes and 35 seconds taking off at 16.7v and landing at 14.7v (people knocking around again)...so, roughly speaking, this new (to me) Power 4 battery seems to be performing the same as my Gifi8050

I admit that this wasn't an ideal test of this battery. I knew that I wouldn't be able to hover test it because people were coming and going and I had a mission on to take video of a certain landmark. Next time I fly it, then, I'll try to do it in a place where I can hover test it to 14.4v to see what sort of maximum time I can get out of it. But extrapolating up from what I did today I think it would easily come close to my Gifi, if not surpass it.

By the way, once I've processed the video I'll post a link to the pictures & video section. That'll likely be tomorrow.
That's good performance, 12 minutes in such cold temperatures too.

I am beginning to wonder if I made the right choice in getting the H Plus? or even going with an Yuneec product atall!?

That's good performance, 12 minutes in such cold temperatures too.
My normal habit is to land at 14.5v so if I'd have done that I recon I'd have been in the air for around 15 minutes. Obviously the cold temperature was having an impact on flight times since I know that on a normal flight in warmer temperatures I can get between 17 and 18 minutes out of my Gifi.

Dunno when I'll be able to fly again. Temperature tomorrow is forecast to be a few degs C colder than today and after tomorrow it looks to be raining for the rest of the week. Anyway, I've flown that Jessops battery now (at long last). I know know it's a good 'un so I'm satisfied.

My normal habit is to land at 14.5v so if I'd have done that I recon I'd have been in the air for around 15 minutes. Obviously the cold temperature was having an impact on flight times since I know that on a normal flight in warmer temperatures I can get between 17 and 18 minutes out of my Gifi.

Dunno when I'll be able to fly again. Temperature tomorrow is forecast to be a few degs C colder than today and after tomorrow it looks to be raining for the rest of the week. Anyway, I've flown that Jessops battery now (at long last). I know know it's a good 'un so I'm satisfied.
I didn't get that long, I got about 8/9 minutes but I always land probably too early, and it was a bit windy, hopefully I'll get a bit more. I've read it's been wettest autumn since records began, we did get 3 inches last Tuesday, crazy weather, I do love cold days especially frosts.

I didn't get that long, I got about 8/9 minutes but I always land probably too early, and it was a bit windy, hopefully I'll get a bit more. I've read it's been wettest autumn since records began, we did get 3 inches last Tuesday, crazy weather, I do love cold days especially frosts.
I hate the cold. Any colder today and I wouldn't have flown

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval