Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Camera not focusing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I had a slight crash landing the other day and now my camera will not focus, Please help I just got the drone 2 days ago!

My Typhoon H has bad focusing right out of the box. No crash. Foreground looks in focus, horizon is completely soft. For a fixed focus camera I'm completely confused. Can anyone help with this issue?

Hi, In France I can confirm that numerous people have big time problems for connecting the camera and random link failure

I brought mine out to you guys 5/27 for focus issues and you swapped it out. The replacement camera looks just like the first one. is there something new since then? The GoPro Hero 4 Black is much sharper than the CGO3+. I love the way the Typhoon H flys just can't deal with how soft the image is.
Have you heard from them yet? Wondering if they have fixed it, there a lot of us with the same problem seeking answers

My Typhoon H has bad focusing right out of the box. No crash. Foreground looks in focus, horizon is completely soft. For a fixed focus camera I'm completely confused. Can anyone help with this issue?
I have the same issue. Right out of the box. Blurry as can be. This is really disappointing as I returned a Phantom 4 and was looking forward to a "superior" bit rate camera that Yuneec was touting.

It the same for me in France,
I had to return the first Typhoon bad for camera control, and more camera was already damaged and scratched on the outside. It looked like the opportunity.
unacceptable

What are you going to do with your drone? Are you going to get another one or try a different brand?

I brought mine out to you guys 5/27 for focus issues and you swapped it out. The replacement camera looks just like the first one. is there something new since then? The GoPro Hero 4 Black is much sharper than the CGO3+. I love the way the Typhoon H flys just can't deal with how soft the image is.
Any luck with your correspondence with Yuneec? I can't decide whether to get another brand or wait for Yuneec to address this. It might take months to get another camera off the assembly line.

It the same for me in France,
I had to return the first Typhoon bad for camera control, and more camera was already damaged and scratched on the outside. It looked like the opportunity.
unacceptable
Do you have focus issues or just issues with getting a picture on your ground station?

Mine too, got a replacement yesterday (was like pulling teeth, but that will be an entirely different post), the left 3rd of the frame was out of focus, some parts of the rest of the picture were soft as well. the replacement was slightly better but still unacceptable. The camera on my Q500 4k which by the way took 2 hard hits in 2 crashes, has always even after the crash produced sharp images with the exception of the very edge of the frame which is normal for most lenses. THe camera for my H doesn't even come close to the Q. and I expected at least the same quality. Not happy with the camera and not happy with Yuneecs customer service.

Do you have focus issues or just issues with getting a picture on your ground station?
I have a new Typhoon with a new camera and it is ok for me.
I recall that the first camera was used and defective delivered directly to Yuneec

Greetings , I have done some research on your issue, and have heard from another Typhoon H operator he had the same issue. It has to do with the internal lens out of focus from being "shifted" during transport. DO NOT FLY IT. Either purchase another CGO3 or send in for repairs. EMAIL support first, then call. I have flown a solo for six months with nothing but issues is why I made the switch to Tyhoon H. Oh, ****, why not. The UK police force utilize it.

Greetings , I have done some research on your issue, and have heard from another Typhoon H operator he had the same issue. It has to do with the internal lens out of focus from being "shifted" during transport. DO NOT FLY IT. Either purchase another CGO3 or send in for repairs. EMAIL support first, then call. I have flown a solo for six months with nothing but issues is why I made the switch to Tyhoon H. Oh, ****, why not. The UK police force utilize it.
P.S. I don not work for Yuneec at all or in any way, shape, or form.

Mine too, got a replacement yesterday (was like pulling teeth, but that will be an entirely different post), the left 3rd of the frame was out of focus, some parts of the rest of the picture were soft as well. the replacement was slightly better but still unacceptable. The camera on my Q500 4k which by the way took 2 hard hits in 2 crashes, has always even after the crash produced sharp images with the exception of the very edge of the frame which is normal for most lenses. THe camera for my H doesn't even come close to the Q. and I expected at least the same quality. Not happy with the camera and not happy with Yuneecs customer service.

Give them a chance, its better than the competitors customer service. At least there is a customer service to handle your issues and they have phones to call you on. 3DR had a customer service center whom those people were just random engineering students whom didn't have a clue what GPS even stood for, or even know how to program the pixhawk. Or ****, why on earth would you put GPS, power, a data cable, and a video cable together, and expect to get a clear video? GoPro that always got hot, and shut off the majority of the time! Um, yeah right. You NEVER over lap power over ANY video signal. It will always omit an AM signal from the negative lead. In the sky its amplified Unless you protect it with certain aerodynamic allows to cover the areas affected. I really let alone even put a airworthy craft into the sky. If you have done your homework on the new laws, they are clear as a bell. If your "bird" is deemed unsuitable for flight. ( i.e. GPS malfunctions/ FPV not working correctly /video feed intermittent every 1s to 1.5s , lack of full control. Your spatial disorientation will kick in from pure panic). Your "bird" must be 100% all the time. Every time. An office of the law come August can site you for "careless and reckless manner". If the sUAS is unworthy before you comply with a part 107, they will deny you right way. Here one day, gone the next. (3DR) Yuneec stepped it up a whole new level with the real sense for the Typhoon H pro. Nevertheless, forgive the long winded explanation, yet just have a little faith and use your resources that you have.

FYI - if you see a problem, PLEASE use the report button. Do not reply with a retaliation post.

So lets keep on topic and keep it friendly.

<snip> In the sky its amplified Unless you protect it with certain aerodynamic allows to cover the areas affected. I really let alone even put a airworthy craft into the sky. If you have done your homework on the new laws, they are clear as a bell. If your "bird" is deemed unsuitable for flight. ( i.e. GPS malfunctions/ FPV not working correctly /video feed intermittent every 1s to 1.5s , lack of full control. Your spatial disorientation will kick in from pure panic). Your "bird" must be 100% all the time. Every time. An office of the law come August can site you for "careless and reckless manner". If the sUAS is unworthy before you comply with a part 107, they will deny you right way. Here one day, gone the next. (3DR) Yuneec stepped it up a whole new level with the real sense for the Typhoon H pro. Nevertheless, forgive the long winded explanation, yet just have a little faith and use your resources that you have.
I too am confused as to what you point is. I don't know anyone who owns an RC aircraft that has any of those problems you mention. Also, any operator worth his salt wouldn't fly a crippled aircraft anyways. Other manufactures use collision avoidance too, but until someone makes one that covers the AC in a 360 radius they are all inadequate.

What? You lost me after the first sentence, everything after that was just incoherent rambling that had nothing to do with anything on this entire thread. In the future you may want to write first and drink later if you want the rest of us to follow along.
I asked nicely for everyone to be nice. If it continues I will be forced to issue warnings. I haven't met my quota this month and were so close to the end of it. ;)

*I have deleted some off topic post

Unknown.jpg

Mines was replaced because, I saw a youtube video where the guy fixed the camera it was not screwed in all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval