Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H camera ripped wires, still wont work

Reaction score
Same old story it appears.

the rubber mounts failed, camera pulled most of the wires free.

Ive replaced the slip ring wire harness

all back together, no power to camera, no lights nothing.

checked the K fuse on the main board in the drone, it has continuity across it.

any other ideas?

I guess Ill check for voltage on the hot shoe of the gimble mount

Ill check the connector right below the slip ring assembly again, maybe its backwards or I inserted the pins into the connector upside down

the camera does not power up at all

which board is he talking about "the FC board"?

thank you for your assistance Steve!

It’s the 1k fuse you checked I believe on main board that camera harness plugs into. If the fuse has continuity then it should be passing 14v to the shoe.

The shoe has power, the fuse has continuity

just pulled the camera gimbal back apart, the split ring connector is legit
all wires have continuity from the mount to the connector

putting 15 VDC directly to the camera mount side of the shoe powers up the camera

so i guess i've got a misalignment in the way the camera mount is sliding in and connecting.

The FC is the flight controller mounted on the main board.

On the gimbal slide mount on the H, are any of the pins depressed? Sometimes they get pushed down and don't spring back without some help.

well, not sure what the issue was, But I tore the gimbal and camera back down, everything checked out, removed and reinstalled all pins from the molex type connectors.

this afternoon it simply worked, I did have to re-orient the camera to mount, it was shooting hard left.

but it seems to be fine and fully functional now.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Perfect!!!! We don't see many success stories with camera repairs so it's refreshing to see this one.

Yes I was getting worried!

Thank you all for your help and support, I will try and keep it together and stick around in here!

I’ve got a camera that was repaired by Yuneec for the seller I got it from. Full RS with good backpack for $500.00! Camera still didn’t power so we replaced fuse and camera powered but spins backward at initialize. I’ve put position 0 on S2 to inhibit and can obviously pan it back to forward center with position 1. It oddly now will go to center on next power up and return to there post pan moves in position 1. Position 0 will also pan with that switch inhibited but in the opposite direction. It’s my goofy work around for this camera. I’ve moved all these problems to a lesser set up so it’s only a problem on my now 5th 480. I’m obviously addicted to this machine [emoji28]

Craig cam

I think you can spin the mount to gimble to the correct position pretty easily

4 Phillips screws and spin it 180 degrees and Put the 4 screws back in

I had mine shifted left, I’ll mark it from now on so the relation ship stays correct

Reactions: Steve Carr
If you are talking about the top mount, I did that as that seemed the obvious fix but it still spins to the back at initialize. Is there a different spot I’m not seeing to unscrew and spin around?

Well it’s the same as I did before. The mounting of the motor to that plate does not change the behavior. I don’t really want to get to the lower mount under circular circuit board but I think that’s where it’s installed backwards. I was reasonably sure there was only one orientation possible for the board and screws to line up but don’t remember about the shaft connection. I also wondering if that’s a mechanical fix or it’s part of the factory only camera calibration? This camera also came without the strain relief (or wire breaker depending on crash) and the wires are very beat up already. I’m pretty good with the H but my camera repair record is pretty bad as it’s easy to break connectors and wires. I’ve got the camera housing down and can do that no problem as I like painting them. The gimbal and tiny wires allude me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval