Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H carry on case

Now you can choose, I think more options will be available soon
Thanks for the idea.. I just happen to have an American Tourister, ( the kind the flight staff use ), on hand. Before a sufficient and inexpensive carrier comes out, this will surely do.

I was about to flip out. Just got this bag today, and tried putting the H in and it wouldn't fit....then came back to your video, and BOOM.....fits like a glove. I work for the airlines and those saying it won't fit...it does. Thanks

Reactions: abinder
I just received my soft case from eBay today. fits like a champ. I was little worried it wasn't going to fit, but it was perfect. Easy Carrying Backpack Shoulder Bag Case For YUNEEC Typhoon H H480 UAV Rc Drone
I like that it has a bunch of pockets for storing accessories.
I don't know how long it will last, but for only $30, it's a lot better than carrying the box around or paying $140 for Yuneec's overpriced, not available in any store yet bag.

The only thing, I would add are some velcro strips to keep the top case from slipping off when you unzip the bag. Oh and a Typhoon sticker to cover up the ugly red stipe.

I just received my soft case from eBay today. fits like a champ. I was little worried it wasn't going to fit, but it was perfect. Easy Carrying Backpack Shoulder Bag Case For YUNEEC Typhoon H H480 UAV Rc Drone
I like that it has a bunch of pockets for storing accessories.
I don't know how long it will last, but for only $30, it's a lot better than carrying the box around or paying $140 for Yuneec's overpriced, not available in any store yet bag.

The only thing, I would add are some velcro strips to keep the top case from slipping off when you unzip the bag. Oh and a Typhoon sticker to cover up the ugly red stipe.
Cool.. Mine comes Tuesday

Reactions: Niels Bogstad
image.jpeg I also found a carry on case similar to the Samsonite one mentioned in the video. Walmart carries an American tourister Atomsphera 2 for $39.00 looks exactly like the Samsonite one.
I tried it and it fits everything perfectly. It also available in stores too.

View attachment 1897 I also found a carry on case similar to the Samsonite one mentioned in the video. Walmart carries an American tourister Atomsphera 2 for $39.00 looks exactly like the Samsonite one.
I tried it and it fits everything perfectly. It also available in stores too.
I picked up this American Tourister bag trying to save a few bucks, but it was a uncomfortably tight fit. I returned and got the Samsonite one from the youtube video which is a better fit.

Both Ryanair and Aer Lingus have a 20 cm or 7.9 inch height limit.
I see American are 9 inches.
That would exclude The H as carry on as she is just under 10 inches tall
without even being in a bag with skull protection of some sort.
Ryanair have a baggage gauge at the boarding gates.
If the cabin crew are sticky, they can ask you to fit your bag in the gauge.
If it will not go in, it goes in the hold.
That also attracts a surcharge for you being a chancer not to mention
the treatment she might get then from the baggage apes.
How have people being getting or intend to get around this?

Both Ryanair and Aer Lingus have a 20 cm or 7.9 inch height limit.
I see American are 9 inches.
That would exclude The H as carry on as she is just under 10 inches tall
without even being in a bag with skull protection of some sort.
Ryanair have a baggage gauge at the boarding gates.
If the cabin crew are sticky, they can ask you to fit your bag in the gauge.
If it will not go in, it goes in the hold.
That also attracts a surcharge for you being a chancer not to mention
the treatment she might get then from the baggage apes.
How have people being getting or intend to get around this?
Those must be some smaller planes.

Here is another one. ebags weekender junior. It has shoulder straps which can be put away and zipped up inside the back. I got this one on sale for $49. I like that it has internal straps to hold the H and controller as well as pouches for odds and ends. There are handles on top and side.DSC04747.jpg DSC04749.jpg DSC04750.jpg DSC04752.jpg DSC04751.jpg

Reactions: ChatKLF
Some of these options look like a broken H or at least a broken gimbal just waiting to happen to me.
Well, I certainly would not use this bag for checked luggage, maybe carry on if I can put it under the seat. I would pack more padding around the H and ST16. It works great for hiking. I do use the gimbal lock.

I don't understand why anyone would be this expensive equipment into a $40 bag and think it's safe. I've had people travel with the AirPack and tell me they'll never use anything else. The more I use it, the more I love it. Sure, it's not $40 but I value my equipment and enjoy the peace of mind the pack affords.

s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
HARDIGG by PELICAN Space Hard Case Army Surplus Tool Ute Storage Box Camera FOAM

3b02864e-6117-4a1f-abaa-b39a9551e656.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Easy Carrying Backpack Shoulder Bag Case For YUNEEC Typhoon H H480 UAV Rc Drone
I have been using this bag for awhile now. Uses original Yuneec foam and fits absolutely perfectly. This bag is for everyday use and not for traveling on airlines. It is light. Did I say light? and cheap. Did I say cheap? This will ultimately be your go to bag.

Just got my Samsonite bag as indicated in the video, fits like a glove. Seriously, this bag is perfect for the Typhoon H. It would work without packing the bag full of damping material like tshirts etc. but with all the gear and a few cloths, you can travel easy. Controller fits snug just above the H, plenty of room to slip in the remaining accessories. Looks like it should easily fit under the seat, definitely in overhead, no question there.

Thanks for the solid advice on his one!

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Just got my Samsonite bag as indicated in the video, fits like a glove. Seriously, this bag is perfect for the Typhoon H. It would work without packing the bag full of damping material like tshirts etc. but with all the gear and a few cloths, you can travel easy. Controller fits snug just above the H, plenty of room to slip in the remaining accessories. Looks like it should easily fit under the seat, definitely in overhead, no question there.

Thanks for the solid advice on his one!
Hi, how did the trip go? And how was the Samsonite case... did it survive... more importantly, did the H get there and back without damage? Thinking of getting a case for a local flight to central Australia.

Trip was awesome, saw some sharks from above! More importantly, my H made it to my first, second and third destination via commercial aircraft carry-on with no damage at all. I ended up using sliced up pieces of an old memory foam mattress to secure pieces in place, however any soft packing material (tshirts) would work. The bag held up great and I had no trouble getting the controller in and out for TSA X-rays since it fits right in the front of the bag. I recommend the use of this bag based on my personal experience, good luck and have a great trip!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda